Ingredients for making string bean soup with vegetables
- Green beans (green or white) 500 grams
- Carrot 1 piece (large)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Sweet pepper salad (red) 1 piece (large)
- Tomato 2 pieces (large)
- Parsley 1 bunch (medium)
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Purified water 2 liters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Beans, Onions, Carrots, Peppers, Tomato, Greens
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife, a cutting board - 2 pieces, a plate - 2 pieces, a stove, a deep pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters), a wooden kitchen spatula, slotted spoon, soup ladle, deep plate.
Cooking green bean soup with vegetables:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, pour 2 liters of purified water into the kettle and put it on a strong fire. While it boils, peel onions and carrots. Sweet peppers relieve stalks and seeds, and beans from hard veins. Then we wash everything together with tomatoes and parsley under cold running water, dry with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a chopping board and continue the preparation. Each pod is cut into 3-4 parts 2.5-3 centimeters long.
Finely chop the greens, and chop the remaining vegetables in small cubes 7-8 millimeters in size and arrange them on plates. After that, we send to the kitchen table the remaining products that will be needed to make the soup, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Cook the string bean soup with vegetables.
In place of the kettle we put a deep non-stick pan with a thick bottom and pour in the right amount of vegetable oil. After a few minutes, when the fat warms up, put chopped onion, carrots and sweet red pepper. Simmer them for 5 minutesstirring vigorously with a wooden kitchen spatula.
After that, pour hot water and again bring everything to a boil. Then, using a slotted spoon, remove the foam from the surface of the liquid and cook the vegetables 2 minutes.
When they soften, add to the pan pieces of green beans and tomatoes. Mix everything until smooth and cook 5 minutes.
Then season the soup with parsley, to taste, with salt and black pepper, cover it with a lid so that the gap remains, and let stand over medium heat for more 2-3 minutes. Then turn off the stove, insist on the soup 7-10 minutes using a slotted spoon, pour in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve the string bean soup with vegetables.
Green bean soup with vegetables is served hot as the first main course for dinner. It is served in portions in deep plates, seasoned with sour cream, cream or a small amount of fresh herbs, dill, parsley, cilantro, and green onions, if desired. Such a soup is pleasant to relish with croutons or fresh homemade bread. Enjoy delicious simple vegetarian food!
Enjoy your meal!
- if desired, water can be replaced with broth from beef, pork, chicken or vegetables, and in each plate put a piece of boiled meat or cut it in portions and send to the pan with boiling soup 5-7 minutes before it is fully cooked. Of course, the dish will no longer be vegetarian, but will become more satisfying;
- in addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, dried saffron, rosemary, sage, basil, as well as several types of pepper: allspice, white and paprika are very often used;
- Very often, a vegetable set is supplemented with canned peas, corn and chopped zucchini;
- if you have purchased overripe green beans, it must be cooked for at least 8-10 minutes, otherwise it will be tough;
- A great substitute for fresh tomatoes - tomatoes in their own juice or a couple of tablespoons of pasta from this vegetable;
- sometimes a couple of minutes before full readiness, a little lemon juice is added to the soup.