Ingredients for making meatballs in the oven
- Minced meat "Assorted" (pork and beef) 500 grams
- Chicken egg 2 pieces (medium, if large, then 1 piece)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Carrot 1 piece (large)
- Rice (not steamed, round grain) 125 grams (1/2 cup)
- Purified water 1 liter
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons (for vegetables) and 1 tablespoon (for form)
- Mayonnaise 1 tablespoon
For the sauce:
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- Tomato ketchup 2 tablespoons
- Sour cream 200 milliliters
- Water 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour (sifted) 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dried herbs for meat (any) to taste and desire
- Garlic granules to taste and desire
- Main ingredients: Beef, Pork, Onion, Carrot, Sour Cream, Flour
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Colander, stove, oven, heat-resistant ceramic baking dish, kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, deep pan (capacity 2 liters), wooden kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, grater, deep bowl, tablespoon - 2-3 pieces, measuring cup, glass (capacity of 250 milliliters), kitchen potholders, plate.
Cooking meatballs in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the pic.
First of all, lay out unboiled round-grain rice on the kitchen table. We sort it out, removing trash of any kind. Then pour into a colander, rinse thoroughly under cold running water and leave in the sink for a few minutes so that the glass is excess liquid.
Step 2: cook rice.
Meanwhile, pour a liter of purified water into a deep pan and bring it to a boil over high heat. After that, lightly season the boiling liquid with salt, transfer already dried rice there and cook until half ready 10-12 minutesstirring occasionally with a wooden kitchen spatula. Then again we throw it in a colander, rinse and stand in this form until use.
Step 3: prepare the vegetables.
While water drains from the boiled rice with a sharp kitchen knife, we peel the desired vegetables. Then we wash them and dry them with paper kitchen towels. Put the onion on a cutting board and cut into small cubes up to 1 centimeter in size, and chop the carrots on a medium or small grater.
Step 4: fry the vegetables.
Now put on a medium heat pan and pour two tablespoons of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, put the chopped onion in it and stir it, fry it until transparent, as well as a delicate golden crust, about 2 minutes.
As soon as the vegetable is slightly browned, add the carrots to it, cook them together until soft. 3-4 minutes and remove from the stove.
Step 5: prepare the meat for meatballs.
Then put in a deep bowl boiled rice, chicken egg, minced meat "Assorted", a tablespoon of mayonnaise and fried vegetables. Season them to taste with salt, black pepper, dried herbs, garlic granules and mix everything until smooth.
At the same time, turn on the oven to preheat in 200 degrees celsius and grease a non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish with a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Step 6: form the meatballs.
Then we wet the palms in running water, put a tablespoon of rice-meat mixture on them, sculpt a ball with a diameter of 5-6 centimeters and send it to the prepared form. In the same way, we form the remaining meatballs until the stuffing ends.
Step 7: prepare the meatball sauce.
Then pour 1/2 cup of purified water and sour cream into a measuring cup. There we put tomato paste, ketchup, pour sifted wheat flour, salt and, if desired, some spices, which are indicated in the ingredients. We mix these products with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency and proceed to the next step.
Step 8: bake meatballs.
Pour the meatballs with the prepared sauce.
We tighten the mold with a sheet of aluminum food foil, put it in a preheated oven on the middle rack and bake the meat round meat for 50 minutes. After the right time, remove the foil and stand the dish in the oven 5-10 minutes.
Then we put kitchen gloves on our hands, rearrange the form with the fragrant dish on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and allow the appetizing round balls to cool slightly. After that, we spread the meatballs in portions on plates at the rate of 2-3 pieces per one and serve to the table with your favorite side dish.
Step 9: serve the meatballs in the oven.
Meatballs in the oven - a wonderful and very hearty breakfast or dinner or a great addition to dinner. They are served hot as a second main course. You can relish this yummy just like that with bread or add any side dish; pasta, mashed potatoes, stewed or boiled vegetables, salads, and cereals from different cereals are a great option. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often only fried vegetables, spices and eggs are added to the stuffing, and rice is completely abandoned. They also put finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, green onion or basil;
- a set of spices is not essential, you can use any that are suitable for meat dishes;
- A great substitute for sour cream - cream or high-quality mayonnaise. Although you can do without these products, for example, pour meatballs with homemade tomato juice or a mixture of tomatoes and water crushed in a blender;
- at the request of mincemeat can be prepared independently from pork, beef or turkey meat with the addition of a piece of fresh bacon.