Ingredients for Rhubarb Compote
- Rhubarb (fresh stalks) 680 grams
- Sugar 2/3 cup
- Lemon 1/2 pieces
- Purified water 3 liters 780 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Rhubarb, Sugar
- Serving16 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, measuring cups (for water), kitchen scales, stove, deep pan with a lid (capacity 5 liters) - 2 pieces, wooden kitchen spoon, fine mesh sieve, glass, carafe or jug.
Cooking compote with rhubarb:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To prepare this wonderful drink you will need the simplest ingredients that can be purchased at any supermarket or market, but first they need to be prepared. Thoroughly rinse the right amount of rhubarb and lemon under cold running water. Then we dry them with paper kitchen towels, put the citrus on a cutting board and divide it into 2 halves with a sharp kitchen knife. We shred one of them with thin rings and transfer to a small bowl, and use the second to prepare other equally tasty dishes.
Next, we remove the upper and lower parts of each stalk and remove a thin layer of skin from them.
After that, put the rhubarb on a clean board and chop it across the sticks with a length of 2-3 centimeters.
Step 2: Cook the light sugar syrup.
Now pour the purified water into a deep pan and put it on medium heat. As soon as it boils, pour sugar into it and cook the syrup 2 minutesstirring occasionally with a wooden kitchen spoon.
Step 3: cook the rhubarb compote.
After the required time has passed, put the chopped rhubarb into the pan, reduce the heat to a moderate level and prepare the compote with a low boil 10 minutes.
Then we add lemon rings to it, mix everything until a homogeneous consistency and brew a fragrant drink 3-4 minutes.
Then turn off the fire, cover the pan with a lid so that a small gap remains, and insist its contents in this form 2 hours.
Step 4: bring the compote to full readiness.
When the compote is infused, filter it through a sieve with a fine mesh, previously installed on the surface of a clean deep pan. Squeeze the cake slightly with a spoon so as not to lose a single drop of precious liquid, and pour the drink into a decanter or jug and then proceed as desired. Fragrant drink can be cooled in the refrigerator and served with ice or served immediately.
Step 5: serve the rhubarb compote.
Compote with rhubarb served in warm or chilled form or at room temperature. It is served in carafes, jugs or poured in portions into glasses. This drink has a slightly acidic flavor and a delicate citrus flavor. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- it is not worth it to insist on compote longer than the specified time, the lemon peel contains oils that can give the drink an unpleasant bitterness;
- Very often, lemon is replaced with lime or orange;
- together with lemon, you can add 150-200 grams of sweet berries to the pan: strawberries, cherries, raspberries or currants. Also very often put finely chopped apple, pear, peach or apricot;
- from the specified number of products you get stewed fruit with acidity, if you like sweet drinks, better add more sugar;
- stewed fruit, decoctions and tinctures of rhubarb are not recommended for pregnant women, as well as rheumatism, gout, diabetes, hemorrhoids, urolithiasis, cholecystitis, peritonitis and gastrointestinal bleeding!