Cranberry Compote Ingredients
For 4 servings:
- Cranberries (fresh) 200 grams
- Sugar (sand) 1/2 cup
- Purified water 1 liter
- Main Ingredients Cranberry, Sugar
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
A glass, a bowl, a colander, a pusher for potatoes, a deep pan with a lid (capacity 2 liters) - 2 pieces, a stove, a sieve with a fine mesh, a decanter.
Cooking cranberry compote:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To begin with, pour cranberries into a colander and rinse it well under a thin stream of cold running water, while cleaning it from twigs, leaves, and also any other garbage.
Then we transfer the berries to a small bowl and, using a potato pusher or an ordinary rolling pin, knead the cranberries almost to the state of mashed potatoes. Next, lay out on the kitchen table the remaining products that will be needed to prepare the drink, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook the cranberry compote.
Pour into the deep pan the right amount of purified water and put it on a strong fire. After boiling add sugar there. Mix it with liquid with a wooden kitchen spoon or spatula and cook light sweet syrup for 2-3 minutes. Then reduce the heat to a moderate level and put in a saucepan mashed cranberries, letting juice. Again, mix everything thoroughly, bring to a boil, cook for a minute and remove from the stove. It’s better not to over-compote on fire to preserve precious vitamins!
We cover it with a lid so that a small gap remains, and cool to room temperature. Then we filter the aromatic drink into a clean deep dish through a fine mesh sieve or a piece of gauze folded in 2-3 layers. After that, we act at will, either serve it immediately, or cool and serve.
Step 3: serve the cranberry compote.
Cranberry compote is served warm or chilled or at room temperature. After infusion, it is filtered and served in a decanter, glasses or bowls as a vitamin drink.
This miracle is pleasant to relish just like that or in combination with any dishes. Useful can be tasty! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- during cooking, chopped apples, zest of lemon, lime, orange, vanilla sugar or cinnamon can be added to the cranberry compote;
- A good substitute for sugar is honey, but so that it does not lose its healing power, put it in a cranberry broth only after removing the saucepan from the stove;
- sometimes cranberry compote is cooked differently, the selected berries are poured with purified water, sugar is poured there and put on a stove included in the middle level. After boiling, a drink is prepared for 30 minutes over moderate heat, then cooled, filtered and served. In this case, approximately 60-70% of vitamins and other beneficial substances are lost.