Ingredients for making summer salad with Peking cabbage
For 5 servings:
- Peking cabbage 1/2 forks
- Tomato 2-3 pieces (medium)
- Salad sweet pepper (any color) 1 piece (medium)
- Onions 1 piece (medium)
- Mayonnaise 150-200 milliliters or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Pepper, Tomato
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, deep bowl, tablespoon, salad bowl or plate.
Cooking summer salad with Beijing cabbage:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onions, and remove the stalk from the sweet pepper and gut it from the seeds. Then we thoroughly wash them together with other vegetables under cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a cutting board and continue the preparation.
Step 2: prepare a summer salad with Beijing cabbage.
Chop the cabbage into thin strips. At the tomatoes we cut off the place where the stalk was attached, chop them together with onions, as well as sweet salad pepper in 1 centimeter cubes and send all the slices into a deep bowl. Season the vegetables to taste with salt, black pepper, mix lightly with a tablespoon and leave as such on 15-20 minutesso that they become softer.
Then we add mayonnaise to the bowl, again mix everything to a homogeneous consistency and serve the finished dish in a salad bowl or in portions on plates, complementing your favorite dish with this yummy.
Step 3: serve summer salad with Beijing cabbage.
Summer salad with Beijing cabbage is served at room temperature or chilled, depending on your preference. Basically it is served in a salad bowl or immediately in portions on plates along with a delicious first or second course of meat, poultry, game, fish, seafood or sausages.
This simple, healthy, quick to prepare and very colorful meal will diversify your meal and give you pleasure!
Enjoy your meal!
- if desired, chopped greens of dill, parsley or cilantro can be added to the salad or garnish with sprigs of each serving before serving;
- very often a set of vegetables is supplemented with canned corn, fresh celery stalks, young carrots or cucumbers;
- an excellent substitute for mayonnaise - vegetable oil, sour cream, cream or fermented milk yogurt without additives;
- black pepper makes the salad more spicy, so if you want it to be just more fragrant, use white or allspice;
- the form of cutting vegetables is not essential, but it is desirable that the pieces are small in size, so they will give more juice.