Ingredients for the preparation of stewed mushrooms with potatoes
- Fresh champignons 500 grams
- Potato 4-5 pieces
- Onion 1 piece
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons or to taste
- Sour cream 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Mix of spices for vegetables to taste
- Laurel leaf to taste
- Greens (dill, parsley, cilantro, green onions) to taste and desire
- Purified water as needed
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Onion, Mushrooms, Sour Cream
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, Paper kitchen towels, Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Deep bowl, Stove, Deep pan with lid, Wooden kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking stewed champignons with potatoes:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onions and potatoes, and cut the roots of each champignon. Then we wash the vegetables with greens for serving under a stream of cold running water and dry with paper kitchen towels. After that, put them in turn on a cutting board and chop. Cut the potatoes into slices, straws, sticks or as you like, the main thing is that piece thickness did not exceed 1-1.5 centimeters, immediately put in a bowl, fill it with water a couple of centimeters above its level and leave it in this form until use.
Mushrooms shred across the layers with a thickness of 1 centimeter.
Onions - in half rings, quarters or cubes up to 6-7 millimeters thick. We also put on the kitchen table the remaining products that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the stewed mushrooms with potatoes.
We put on a medium heat a deep non-stick pan with the right amount of vegetable oil. After a few minutes, put the chopped mushrooms there and fry them until half cooked, about 7-8 minutes.
Then add onions to the mushrooms and cook them together 2 more minutesstirring vigorously with a wooden kitchen spatula. Then we send the potatoes to the pan, after draining the starch liquid from it. Pour the vegetables with water so that it slightly covers them, add sour cream, to taste salt, a bay leaf, black pepper and a mixture of spices.
After boiling, reduce the heat to a level between the smallest and medium, mix everything, tightly cover our dish with a lid and simmer it until the moisture evaporates completely for about half an hour.
As soon as the potatoes become soft and begin to boil slightly, turn off the stove. We give a fragrant dish a little insist, that's enough 7-10 minutes, then lay it out in portions on plates, decorate with any greens if desired and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve the stewed mushrooms with potatoes.
Stewed champignons with potatoes are served hot as a main vegetarian dish or as a side dish for dishes of meat, poultry, fish or game. In addition to this simple culinary masterpiece, you can offer a salad of fresh vegetables and homemade bread. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- if desired, for pouring, you can use pure sour cream, cream, mayonnaise, tomato juice (paste) or a mixture of them with water 1: 1;
- a set of spices is not essential, use any that are suitable for vegetable dishes;
- an excellent substitute for vegetable oil - cream, it makes the taste of the dish more delicate;
- very often, along with mushrooms and onions, stew small carrots, chopped on a grater or chopped with a thin straw, or cubes of sweet salad pepper;
- Instead of a deep frying pan, you can use a duckweed or a cauldron.