We rub the yolks with sugar until they turn white, then we incorporate flour, semolina, cocoa, milk, oil, baking powder and at the end with a spoon we incorporate the beaten egg whites.
Wallpaper the oven tray with baking paper and spread the composition. Bake on low to medium heat on the top step.
We deal with cream:
We soak the gelatin in milk and then heat it in the microwave for 2 seconds. We incorporate it in the condensed milk, then we beat the whipped cream well with a hardener bag and we incorporate it in the condensed milk. it's ready, cut it in 2, remove the baking paper and put the cream in the middle.
Let it cool for at least 3 hours.
Rainbow Cake & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte & # 8211 Old Swabian Recipe
Rainbow cake & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte & # 8211 old Swabian recipe from Banat. Rainbow Cake & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte, a more elaborate cookie, very tasty for tea or coffee. Rainbow cake recipe, with tender leaves, walnut top and dried fruit, a delicious cake that keeps very well.
A few years ago, I received a very beautiful and useful gift from a reader who left her native Banat in good weather and moved to Germany. The gift is a book called "Das Koch und Backbuch meiner Mutter" by Olga Katharina Farca, published in Germany and which brings together in a volume published in exceptional graphic conditions many of the childhood delights of any Banat resident. In this book, I found, in fact, some very old recipes, about which I had heard from my grandmother's or neighbors' stories, recipes that I have already shared with you: cookies Kisses of the Nuns, Damenkapritzen cake recipe or that of the Punsch cake.
OTHER SWEET RECIPES OF GERMAN AND AUSTRIAN ORIGIN
The recipes recorded in the book are, as I said, old and authentic. They come from the notebooks of Rosina Frekot, a Swabian woman from Banat born in Zăbrani, who was, here in Banat, a true “celebrity chef” of her time. Obviously, the Rainbow & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte cake, originally, comes from the same book I told you about.
At first glance, this cake may seem more complex than any cookie. However, that is, a cake with tender leaves and a countertop with lots of nuts and dried fruits and cream just enough to put everything together. It is a cake that keeps well for a long time and is almost invented to enjoy it with a coffee or tea. The recipe, although it seems more elaborate, is not difficult to make and I invite you to discover it in the following.
Leaves: beat the yolks with the sugar, add the sifted flour together with the cocoa and a little of the egg white foamed with a pinch of salt.
Then add the rest of the egg whites.
Bake in a tray lined with baking paper, at 180 degrees C- 8-10 min.
Cream: put gelatin soaked in cold water. Condensed milk is mixed with 50 ml of milk.
Melt the gelatin in 50 ml of warm milk (on a steam bath, without boiling it - the properties are destroyed), then add it to the mixture with condensed milk. Honey is added.
Beat the whipped cream (with the hardener) until it hardens well and mix with the milk composition.
Leave the cream to cool for 30-40 minutes, stirring twice in the meantime. (It does not have to clot, just to get consistency, not to be fluid).
Pour the cream between the sheets and leave it in the fridge for a few hours, until it hardens.
Condensed milk: 75 ml hot water, 57 g butter, 40 g sugar + 60 g honey, 110 g milk powder, 1 vial of vanilla essence
Mix water with butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the powdered milk and mix until thick. Can be stored in the refrigerator max. 1 week.
Recipe proposed by PaulaM
Make a dough from all the ingredients. Work the butter with the eggs and the sugar and add the flour previously mixed with the baking powder. Then add the milk. You will get a dough that will split in two. The first part is spread on the work table and the bottom and walls are covered with a round cake shape with a diameter of 26cm.
Meanwhile, make the filling:
mix eggs, sugar, ricotta (I put fraiche creams) essences. Add the strawberry liqueur (or rum, or whatever liqueur you have and want to add).
Pour the filling over the dough (it is very thin). Place in the oven at 180 ° C until the dough thickens a little.
From the second piece of dough, spread a sheet and spread it with strawberry jam. Gather like a roll and cut the slices according to thickness that will be placed on the surface of the cake. Put it back in the oven at 180 ° C until it turns golden.
Kinder Milch Schnitte cake
Separate eggs. Rub the yolks well with the sugar and vanilla sugar until they turn white. The flour is mixed with baking powder, cocoa and ground gray and added to the yolk cream, mixing gently. Add the milk, then the oil and honey. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt, as for meringue and incorporate into the yolk composition.
Bake two sheets in a tray (42 / 30cm) lined with baking paper, in the oven over medium heat, for about 12 minutes. Let the countertops cool and then peel off the paper.
If you do not have sweetened condensed milk, it can be prepared very easily and quickly at home. You can find the recipe here.
Gelatin is hydrated in cold water. Condensed milk is mixed with 50 ml of milk. Dissolve the hydrated gelatin in the rest of the heated milk, then add it to the condensed milk, mixing gently.
Whip the whipped cream with the vanilla sugar until fluffy, then add to the milk and gelatin mixture. Leave it in the fridge and when it hardens a little, put it on the first counter and cover it with the second.
Leave in the fridge for 2-3 hours, then cut very easily.
Gabriela my children are grateful to you for recipe…)
Kinder cake slice of milk cake assembly
Peel the baking sheet from the first top and put the cream. Distribute it over the entire surface of the top and level it.
Cover with the lid and press lightly to fix the top and then insert Kinder slice of milk cake refrigerate for two hours after which it can be cut and served Kinder slice of milk cakeI warmly recommend the Chocolate Kinder Egg Recipe with Mascarpone and the Kinder Pingui Cake Recipe.
Are you looking for another cake recipe? Browse the list with homemade cake recipes and recipes for cakes without baking from my Youtube channel.
Ingredients Rainbow Cake & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte
It was tender:
- 350 grams of flour
- 200 grams of butter with 82% fat
- 1 or
- 1 yolk
- 30 grams of fermented cream
- 120 grams of powdered sugar
- 3 grams of baking powder (1 teaspoon)
- 1 good salt powder
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar (I used bourbon)
- in addition, a little flour for sprinkling
Top with walnuts and dried fruits:
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of flour + 1 tablespoon
- 100 grams of ground walnuts
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- grated peel (yellow part only) from 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 300 grams of dried fruit (I used apricots, dates and cranberries, they can be any, mixed or one way raisins can be used)
- 50 grams of hazelnuts or large chopped walnuts from the knife
- 200 grams of butter with 82% fat
- juice of 1 lemon
- 150 grams of sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
Assembly and glaze:
- 300 grams of thick, sour jam (I used apricots)
- icing from: 150 grams of white chocolate, 30 grams of butter, a few drops of red food coloring (I used ½ teaspoon of beetroot powder)
Preparation Rainbow Cake & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte & # 8211 Fraged Dough Sheets
1. Weigh the flour and powdered sugar in a large bowl and mix well with the salt and baking powder. Add butter and vanilla sugar. Everything is worked on the robot or the butter is crushed with two forks, incorporating it into the flour, until a sandy appearance is obtained.
2. In this phase, add 1 egg, 1 egg yolk and cream and knead quickly, only until the ingredients begin to accumulate in a dough. Do not overdo it with kneading, in the case of these soft doughs it is not desirable to develop the gluten network in the flour because the result will become stronger, elastic, losing its fineness.
3. Press everything together and flatten the dough on top of a cling film. Wrap and let cool for 30 minutes.
4. After removing from the refrigerator, the dough will be harder, which will allow us to work easily with it. Start the oven and set at 180 ° C. Weigh the dough & # 8211 mine weighed 790 grams & # 8211 and divide it into two equal parts. From each of these parts will spread a sheet of 35 x 25 cm.
I spread the sheets directly on a sheet of baking paper on the back of which I drew the desired size to limit losses. I sprinkled a little flour on top of the dough and spread it with the rolling pin. I punched the dough sheet with the fork and transferred it with the baking paper to the tray. I baked each sheet for 15 minutes at 180 ° C, until it turned a discreet golden brown on the edges. As soon as I took the sheets out of the oven, still hot, I greased them all over the surface and let them cool like this.
Rainbow Cake & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte & # 8211 Cooking Top with Walnut and Dried Fruit
5. The oven has been set at 180 ° C. We prepare, lining it with baking paper, a tray with the dimensions of 35 x 25 cm.
The intermediate top is quite dense, full of walnuts and dried fruit. As dried fruit, I used a mixture of apricots, dates and cranberries, all cut into cubes, but raisins can be used just as well. I mixed the dried fruit with that 1 tablespoon of extra flour, indicated on the list of ingredients. Let's see how we proceeded.
6. Separate the eggs, the egg whites on one side and the yolks on the other. The yolks are mixed with ½ sugar and vanilla sugar, until they increase in volume and light in color. Whisk the egg whites with the salt, then gradually add the remaining sugar. Continue to beat the egg whites with the sugar until it dissolves completely and we obtain a firm and glossy meringue.
7. Add the yolks over the beaten egg whites in the bowl, scraping with a flexible spatula everything that adheres to the bowl. Gently mix the two compositions several times with a spatula, then add the flour mixed with grated lemon peel, the dried fruit mixed with 1 tablespoon of flour and the hazelnuts or walnuts cut into large pieces, from the knife.
Mix gently, with folding movements, raising the composition from the bottom of the bowl to the surface and turning it over the one in the bowl, until it is homogeneous. Be careful not to mix with the mixer, not too much, not with delicate movements! If you do this, the countertop will no longer have an airy texture. Pour into the tray prepared in point 5 and level. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes, at a medium height, until it passes the toothpick test.
8. Pour the baking tray from the tray on a grill to cool the cakes, peel off the baking paper and let it cool well.
Rainbow Cake & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte & # 8211 Preparation Butter Cream with Lemon
The lemon butter cream of this cake is very simple, but with a pleasant lemonade taste. It contains nothing but soft butter, 82% fat, which must be at room temperature and a syrup of sugar and lemon. Basically, it is a home-made invert sugar, which makes it easier to digest. In addition, the cream, which contains neither milk nor eggs, is much safer to keep even at room temperature. Here's how we did it:
9. Pass the lemon juice through a sieve and collect in a graduated container. Add water until 70 ml is obtained. of liquid.
10. Put the liquid obtained together with the sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Soon, the syrup will begin to boil and a foam will form, which is immediately removed with a spoon. Boil for about 10 minutes, over medium heat, until the syrup temperature reaches 110-112 ° C. If you do not have an instant reading thermometer, it can be easily approximated, if 10 minutes of boiling have passed since it boiled and the syrup starts to have a light color, very slightly yellowish, it means that it is ready. Remove immediately from the heat and allow to cool well to room temperature.
11. Put the soft butter in a bowl and mix with the mixer on high speed until it whitens well and becomes frothy, increasing in volume. Add the completely cooled syrup, while continuing to mix on high speed. After all the syrup has been incorporated, the cream is ready.
Rainbow Cake Assembly & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte
12. Over one of the tender sheets greased with jam, distribute in a uniform layer, as smooth as possible, ½ of lemon cream with butter.
13. Place the top with walnuts and dried fruit on top of the first layer of cream and lightly press on the entire surface.
14. Continue with another layer of cream, smoothed as well as possible.
15. On top of the second layer of cream, place the second tender sheet, with the side smeared with jam inwards, applied directly on the surface of the cream. Press lightly over the entire surface of the cake. Cover the cake with a sheet of baking paper over which a tray is placed and in it, a few weights (I usually use books, as I have shown and for the broth cake). Leave overnight to cool well.
16. The next day, I glazed the cake with a glaze of 150 grams of white chocolate, slowly melted on steam along with 30 grams of butter, which I colored with a little beetroot powder. Beet powder is a natural dye that can be found in online health food stores. In the original recipe, the icing on top of the cake was a royal icing made from egg white with powdered sugar, as shown in the gingerbread recipe, colored in pink with food coloring.
After icing, straighten the edges of the cake with a long, serrated knife, then portion as desired. Being more of a cookie, I preferred to slice the cake into small portions, 7 x 2 cm.
This Rainbow & # 8211 Regenbogen Schnitte cake looks good and is very tasty, in addition, it can be stored for more than a week in a tightly closed box, in the coolness of the pantry.