Ingredients for the preparation of cottage cheese and lemon casserole
- Curd 600 g
- Semolina 1 tbsp
- Premium wheat flour 1 tbsp
- Sugar 60 g
- Egg 1 pc
- Butter 20 g
- Sour cream 2 tbsp
- Lemon (zest) 1 pc
- Vanilla Sugar 1 sachet
- Main ingredientsLemon, Cottage cheese, Sour cream, Sugar
Sieve or blender or food processor, Dining spoon, Bowl, Bakeware, Small plate, Shovel, Fine grater
Cooking cottage cheese and lemon casseroles:
Step 1: Making Lemon Zest
Lemons are brought from afar, they are processed with various means to increase the shelf life. Therefore, wash the lemon well and pour over boiling water. To get the zest, grate the lemon on all sides. Transfer the lemon zest to a shallow plate.
Step 2: Prepare the curd.
It is advisable to wipe the cottage cheese for the casserole through a sieve. This activity is laborious, and not everyone has the patience, even if you want to cook the perfect casserole. An alternative is a blender or food processor with a suitable attachment. Of course, the cottage cheese will turn out not so tender, but the kitchen appliances will do everything quickly and effortlessly, and few will notice the difference.
So, add semolina, egg, sugar and vanilla sugar to the curd, mix together with a blender in a bowl or in a bowl of a food processor. Add the lemon zest at the end.
The amount of flour and semolina may have to be increased if you come across liquid curd.
Step 3: Cook the cottage cheese and lemon casserole.
For baking casseroles, any baking dish is suitable. The thickness of the casserole depends on the diameter of the mold. It is very convenient to use a cake mold with removable sides. To take out such a casserole is very simple and you can cut it into pieces like a curd cake.
Grease the bottom of the mold and sides with butter. Put the cooked curd-lemon mass, smooth the surface well and grease it with a thin layer of sour cream (you can not lubricate anything). Put the mold in the oven, preheated to 180 degreesand bake for about 20-30 minutes.
Once you are satisfied with the color of the crust, remove the casserole from the oven and leave it in shape until it cools completely.
Step 4: Serve the lemon-curd casserole.
Remove the cooled casserole from the mold, for beauty, you can sprinkle the top with lemon zest and garnish with lemon slices. Cut the casserole into pieces and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
- Casserole can be sprinkled with sour cream, sweet sauce or jam.
- In the curd mass, you can add crushed nuts, raisins, candied lemon.
- All preliminary manipulations with the cottage cheese are aimed at one thing - to break it into small particles, therefore, if you are not confused by the small pieces of cottage cheese in a casserole, you do not need to do anything with it: either wipe it or grind it with a blender. Add the beaten egg and all other ingredients to the curd, mix and transfer to the mold.