Ingredients for Cooking Chicken Drumsticks in Ginger Marinade
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Ginger (fresh root) 1 piece 8 centimeters long
- Sea salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Lime honey 50 milliliters
- Lemon juice 45 milliliters
- Chicken (fresh drumstick) 800 grams
- Vegetable oil 30 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Garlic, Chicken, Honey
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Measuring cup, Teaspoon, Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Paper kitchen towels, Plastic container with a lid, Refrigerator or cellar, Stove, Frying pan with a lid, Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking chicken drumsticks in ginger marinade:
Step 1: prepare the marinade.
First, with a sharp kitchen knife, peel the garlic cloves and a slice of fresh ginger root. We rinse them under a stream of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board in turn, chop finely, send them to the mortar with black pepper, sea salt and grind these products with a pestle to a pulp state.
After that we pour in liquid honey, freshly squeezed or concentrated lemon juice and mix all the components of the marinade to a homogeneous consistency.
Step 2: prepare the chicken drumsticks.
Then we wash fresh chicken drumsticks, at the same time brushing their skin with a new kitchen knife from fine feathers and thin hairs. Then we dry the meat with paper towels, take turns placing the legs on a clean cutting board and do on each on two sides, three incisions to the bone.
Step 3: marinate the chicken drumsticks in the ginger marinade.
Now with clean hands, we coat all the legs with ginger marinade, rubbing it into the cuts, so that it is better absorbed. We put the chicken in a clean plastic container, close it with a tight-fitting lid and put it in a cool place, for example, a cellar or a refrigerator 1-2 hours. It is advisable to mix the meat several times during marinating!
Step 4: fry the chicken drumsticks in the ginger marinade.
After a few hours, when the chicken is soaked in a garlic-honey-ginger mixture, you can proceed to the final stage. We put the pan on medium heat and pour the right amount of vegetable oil into it. When it warms up well, very carefully lower the shins there and fry them on all sides to a dark beige or brown crust. We do not move far from the stove, the marinade quickly seizes and can burn!
As soon as the chicken is browned, we reduce the fire to the level of honey with the smallest and medium. Then pour the remaining garlic-honey-ginger mixture into the pan, cover it with a lid and simmer the chicken 10-15 minutes until ready. Then turn off the stove, insist on the dish 5-6 minutes, using a kitchen spatula, spread the legs in portions on plates and serve them to the table with your favorite side dish.
Step 5: Serve the chicken drumsticks in a ginger marinade.
Chicken drumsticks in ginger marinade are served hot as a main course. You can offer any side dish to this yummy, starting with steamed, fried, baked or fresh vegetables and ending with sauces, cereals from various cereals, pasta and, of course, bread. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- You can use candied honey, but before that it should be melted to a liquid consistency on the stove or in the microwave;
- Very often, spices such as dried ground onions, savory, basil, allspice, mustard powder, oregano, paprika, as well as allspice or white ground pepper are added to the marinade;
- if desired, the peeled ginger root can first be chopped on a fine grater and then grind with finely chopped garlic and ground black pepper in a mortar;
- chicken, like any other meat, is best pickled in plastic or enameled dishes, aluminum containers are not suitable for this purpose, the products in it are quickly oxidized, which greatly affects the taste and quality of the finished dish;
- sometimes the chicken is fried to a light golden crust and then baked in an oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius, for about 10-15 minutes.