BEZEA SHELL PREPARATION The weight will be observed exactly. To avoid material loss, weigh the egg whites and then calculate the rest of the ingredients with the simple rule of three, following the formula above. The eggs will be separated 3 days before cooking and will be kept in the refrigerator in a jar with a tight lid. The egg white is recommended to be 3 days old, but I managed just as well with the old egg white only the night before. 2 hours before it will be taken out of the fridge to take the room temperature (or the night before).
1. If you do not have a special tray for macarons with printed circles (as I did not have) draw on a paper the size of the tray 3 cm circles at a distance of about 2-3 cm between them. In fact, you will need two templates for two trays.
2. Put the template in the tray and bake paper on top. Through transparency you will see the circles. You will reuse the template whenever you prepare on other occasions.
3. We put a pocket bag in a tall glass with the top down and we cover the edges like a collar, we do this to comfortably insert the composition in posh.
4. Grind the almond flour together with the powdered sugar.
5. Sift 2-3 times to dissolve the conglomerate and thus separate any fragments left unmilled.
6. Degrease the bowl in which you will beat the meringue with a slice of lemon and wipe it with a paper towel.
7. Beat the egg whites and salt, without sugar for 2-3 minutes at medium speed.
8. Add 1/3 of the caster sugar and beat for 3 minutes, increasing the speed.
9. Add 1/3 of the powdered sugar and beat for 3 minutes, increasing the speed.
10. Add the remaining caster sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes at maximum speed.
11. Add the dye and mix for 20 seconds.
12. Turn off the robot, clean the meringue pallets, and add the whole mixture of powdered sugar + almonds.
13. Mix firmly with the spatula with movements of gathering the composition on the walls, towards the center of approx. 10 times.
14. Homogenize further with mandatory movements from bottom to top (so as not to lose a lot of air) about 30-50 times.
15. The composition flows like a ribbon, it is not a strong composition that will stick with the tip but not too soft, otherwise they will flutter in a puddle.
16.If the baking paper is raised, fix it in 4 corners with meringue.
17. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees, the classic gas oven to 2.5-2.7, no more.
18. Put all or part of the composition in posh enough to handle comfortably. If it's a bag, tie it at the top so you don't have to worry about the composition bursting.
19. Apply polka dots fixed in the center, holding the pose perpendicular. Do not keep it at a distance but close enough to the tray, withdrawing it slightly but not completely. It has an overwhelming impotence so as not to change the center of gravity, otherwise it deforms.
20. After you have completed the tray, beat it firmly twice, turn it 180 degrees and beat again twice. You will notice small craters of large bubbles that if you do not break them will crack the shell when baking. Do not beat several times so as not to decrease the composition.
21. Bake them with the door closed for 13-15-20 minutes, depending on the whims of your oven. This oven is one of the keys to success. Until you know his relationship with macarons well, you will not succeed. Some of you may need to move them to the top shelf in the last 5 minutes if it browns a lot at the base, or even open the door like a steak grill, with the sheet metal protection on top. Here it is tried, that's why I prepared half of the composition, until I learned the whims of the oven when baking macarons. After the first 5-6 minutes you will notice how the macarons stand up. When cooled, it is left, often forming the collar which is standard if it is not unsightly large.
22. Leave to cool on baking paper, then remove slightly. If they are glued, wet the worktop with a sponge with water, put the paper with macarons so that it gets a little wet and thus you will easily remove the macarons on a grill.
23. After they have cooled, they are sorted by size two by two, if they are not equal and they are glued with ganche cream or another favorite cream, applied with the pos so that when the parts are pressed they do not come out.
PREPARATION OF GANACHE CREAM
1. Break the chocolate pieces into a bowl / plate
2. In a small kettle / thick pot set on fire in a bain-marie (this means that it is put in another bowl, a larger idea, with water that boils slowly but the bottom of the kettle should not reach the water is heated from the hot steam, I prepared it successfully and without putting it in a bain-marie, but directly on a very small flame.
3. Heat it without bringing it to the boil.
4. Stop the fire or keep it very, very small and put the broken chocolate. Stir until melted. Let it cool for about 1 hour. When I hurried I cooled it in the freezer.
5. After cooling, mix well for approx. Ten minutes. Put a pinch of dye (or equivalent) and mix until smooth. You will get a wonderful cream grown and firm, good to put in a pos with which you can decorate any cake.
6. The macarons shells are glued in pairs, according to the size, applying on one shell a penny of ganache applied in the center with the pos. Press very carefully so as not to break them, as long as the cream reaches the edge of the meringue.
May it be useful to you!