Ingredients for Cooking Oatmeal with Milk
- Milk 1 cup
- Oatmeal (cereal) 1/2 cup
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter 20 grams
- Main ingredients: Milk, Butter, Oatmeal
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Teaspoon, Glass - 2 pieces (capacity 250 grams), Stove, Stewpan with a lid (capacity 1 liter), Wooden kitchen spoon, Deep plate
Cooking oatmeal with milk:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, we pour a glass of whole pasteurized or fresh cow's milk into a deep stewpan. We put it on medium heat and bring to a boil, and in the meantime we put on the kitchen table the remaining products that will be needed for making porridge.
Step 2: prepare oatmeal with milk.
As soon as the milk boils, reduce the heat to a level between small and medium. Pour oatmeal into the pan and cook porridge for 5-7 minutes.
Stir it periodically with a wooden kitchen spatula or spoon so as not to burn.
Then remove from the stove, add a slice of butter in oatmeal, mix everything thoroughly and insist the finished dish with a closed lid for about 5-6 minutes.
After that, we spread the appetizing dish on the plates and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve oatmeal with milk.
Hot oatmeal with milk is served for breakfast, dinner or afternoon snack. If desired, before serving, it can be supplemented with ground nuts, fresh fruits, berries or finely chopped dried fruits: dried apricots, prunes, dried strawberries, dried bananas. Enjoy a delicious and healthy meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- you can use not pure milk, but mixed with water 1: 1;
- the amount of salt and sugar can be adjusted to taste;
- sometimes a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla sugar or clove is added to milk;
- sugar can be replaced with honey;
- Hercules cereal porridge is cooked for 15 minutes, whole oat grains - 30 minutes over low heat under a closed lid.