Ingredients for making charlotte with currants in a slow cooker
- Fresh black currant 1 multi-cup
- Wheat flour 1 multi-glass
- Chicken egg 2 pieces
- Sugar 1 multi-cup
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Citric acid 5 grams
- Purified water 1-2 tablespoons
- Butter 50 grams
- Semolina for sprinkling
- Main ingredients Eggs, Blackcurrant, Flour
- Serving 6 servings
Slow Cooker, Mixer, Small Bowl, Sieve, Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Small Bowl, Medium Bowl, Serving Dish, Knife
Cooking charlotte with currants in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the currant.
First, pour blackcurrant into a medium bowl and gently rinse it under running cool water. After this, we drain the water from the tank and repeat the procedure several times. Necessarily, if necessary, remove the ponytails and after - drain the remaining liquid and set aside the berries to dry.
Step 2: prepare a lemon solution.
Pour citric acid into a small bowl. After that, we pour a couple of tablespoons of purified water into the container and mix everything thoroughly until a homogeneous liquid is formed. Attention: if you want the acid to dissolve faster in water, then it is better to add liquid to the bowl in a warm state.
Step 3: prepare the egg-sugar mixture.
With a knife, break the eggshell, and pour the yolk with protein into a small bowl. Add sugar and now, using the mixer, beat well until foam forms on the surface of the mass and sugar crystals do not float on the bottom. Attention: use the mixer at medium speed so as not to spray the mixture.
Step 4: prepare the dough.
Pour the flour into a bowl with the egg-sugar mixture. It is better to do this with a sieve, since the sifted flour will be saturated with oxygen from the air and therefore the dough will be lush and without flour lumps. Using the same mixer, beat everything again until smooth. After that, right above the bowl in a teaspoon, we extinguish soda with a solution of citric acid and again mix everything thoroughly. Everything, the dough is ready! By consistency, it should turn out to be liquid.
Step 5: prepare the charlotte with currants in a slow cooker.
We coat the multicooking pan with butter on all the inside, and sprinkle the bottom with semolina so that our charlotte does not stick during baking. Now pour the dough in an even layer, and lay the currant berries on top. Squeeze the berries lightly into the dough with a tablespoon. So, close the multicooker lid and turn on the program "Bakery products". Bake our pie for 65 minutes.
Step 6: serve charlotte with currants in a slow cooker.
As soon as the charlotte with currants in the multicooker is ready, you will feel this divine aroma of fresh rosy pastries. And how delicious it turns out! Do not be surprised if children come running into the kitchen and ask you to cut off a piece of this wonderful pie. Therefore, without slowing down, we shift the charlotte to a serving dish and are in a hurry to treat the household.
To do this, cut the pie into portioned slices with a knife, and in the meantime, make tea.
- If you use frozen currants, then you can not press it into the pie. The frozen berry itself will sink in the dough, so it is not even thawed in advance.
- To prepare the dough, be sure to use premium wheat flour and fine grinding. After all, it is from this ingredient that the taste and splendor of the cake will depend.
- Instead of citric acid, you can use freshly squeezed lemon juice and, if desired, dilute it with a small amount of water. We do everything "by eye" depending on the number of all components.
- For the filling of charlotte, you can use not only black, but also red currants.