Turkish Stuffed Pepper Ingredients
- Bulgarian pepper 14-15 pieces (medium size)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Tomatoes 7-8 pieces (medium)
- Polished round-grain rice (sorted) 2 cups
- Meat broth 2 cups for rice and 3 cups for stewing
- Olive oil 50 milliliters
- Blackcurrant leaves (dry chopped) 3 tablespoons
- Dried currants 1-2 tablespoons
- Pine nut 0.75 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Onion, Pepper, Tomato, Nuts, Rice
- Serving 7 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Glass (capacity 250 milliliters), Paper kitchen towels, Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Deep non-stick pan with a thick bottom and a lid (capacity 4 liters) - 2 pieces (or cauldron), Wooden kitchen spatula, Stove, Plate
Cooking Turkish Stuffed Peppers:
Step 1: prepare the vegetables.
First, peel the onions, and cut the stalk of each peppercorn and gut them from the seeds. Then we wash these vegetables with tomatoes under cold running water and dry them with paper kitchen towels to prevent excess moisture.
After that, put the pepper in a deep bowl, and the onions on a cutting board, cut it with medium cubes up to 1 centimeter in size and transfer the slices into a deep plate.
All tomatoes cut off the place on which the stalk was attached. We cut each into 2 halves and with the help of a teaspoon we take out the pulp from them, which we use to prepare any other dishes, and put the firm slices of tomatoes in a separate deep plate.
Step 2: prepare the filling.
Then we put a cauldron or a deep non-stick saucepan with a thick bottom on a medium fire and pour the right amount of olive oil into it. After it warms up, dip the chopped onion there and fry it for 3 to 4 minutesstirring occasionally with a kitchen spatula. When the vegetable is covered with a touch of golden crust, put dry rice in a saucepan. Mix them until smooth and fry them together until the rice grains are transparent.
Then we add to them pine nuts, dried black currants, currant leaves, to taste salt, black ground pepper and 1 cup meat broth. Stir everything with a spatula, cook rice until it absorbs almost all the moisture.
After this, pour more into the pan 1 cup broth, reduce heat to a small level, prepare the filling under a closed lid 10 minutes, turn off the stove and let the aromatic mixture stand in this form 14 - 15 minutes. At this stage, rice grains should only reach semi-preparedness.
Step 3: stuff the peppers.
After that, with the help of a teaspoon, we fill each pepper with the filling, ramming it well so that there are no voids inside.
Then cover the rice with tomato slices and place the peppercorns in a deep, wide non-stick pan, tapering side down so that they stand.
Step 4: bring the dish to full readiness.
Now put the pan on medium heat and pour 3 cups of broth into it, the liquid should reach the middle of the level of peppers.
After boiling, reduce the temperature of the stove to the smallest level, cover the pan with a lid and prepare the dish 25-30 minutes without opening!
After the right time, turn off the heat and insist the peppercorns under the lid 7 to 10 minutes. Then we lay them on plates and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve stuffed peppers in Turkish.
Turkish stuffed peppers are served hot or cold. Any of these options are tasty in their own way. A cold dish is served with homemade fresh yogurt, goat cheese, slices of lemon and mint, and hot peppers are complemented with sour cream, vegetable sauces and lots of herbs. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- if you cook this dish in the winter, then dried currants and its leaves can be replaced by collecting herbs such as dried parsley, celery, dill, rosemary and oregano, the aroma will be slightly different, but the pepper will turn out very tasty;
- very often, instead of pine nuts, walnuts are used, they are crushed to the desired size in a blender or using a rolling pin;
- for greater pungency, along with black pepper, you can add allspice and chili, and for the flavor, sometimes paprika is put;
- Instead of the broth, you can use a vegetable broth, ordinary purified water, as well as a mixture of liquid, sour cream and tomato paste.