Ingredients for making brussels sprouts with cheese
- Brussels sprouts fresh 500-600 grams
- Cream cheese for toast 5-6 square plates
- Olive oil 4-5 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground crackers 1-2 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Cheese
- Serving 3 servings
Medium bowl, Cutting board, Knife, Lid pan, Wooden spatula, Kitchen stove, Tablespoon, Serving dish
Cooking Brussels sprouts with cheese:
Step 1: prepare brussels sprouts.
We rinse the Brussels sprouts under running water and put them on a cutting board. We carefully review each head of cabbage and, if necessary, remove coarsened or yellowish leaves. Then, using a thin knife, carefully cut off the stumps. We shift the prepared cabbage into a free bowl.
Step 2: prepare Brussels sprouts with cheese.
Pour olive oil into a pan and put on medium heat. When the container with the contents warms up, put the cabbage into it, make a small fire and cover it with a lid. Fry the main component over very low heat for 10 - 15 minutesuntil it becomes soft. Attention: Be sure to occasionally turn heads of cabbage from side to side so that they can be fried everywhere.
After the allotted time, set the pan aside and remove the lid. Salt and pepper cabbage to taste, then sprinkle with ground breadcrumbs and only after we spread the plates of cream cheese on top. Important: the last ingredient should completely cover the vegetable. We again cover the container with a lid and put it back on a small fire. We are waiting for the cheese to completely melt. Immediately after that we turn off the burner and we can serve the dish to the dining table.
Step 3: serve Brussels sprouts with cheese.
Using a wooden spatula, transfer the Brussels sprouts with cheese to a special plate. We treat friends and family to this delicious dish along with side dishes such as pasta, rice, baked potatoes, as well as fried or boiled meat.
- For the preparation of this dish, you can also use freshly frozen Brussels sprouts. Only for this we take it out of the freezer in advance and put it in a bowl. We leave for a while it aside to reach room temperature;
- instead of cream cheese for toast, you can take ordinary hard cheese. To do this, you need to grind it on a medium or fine grater. After that, put the fried cabbage on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cheese chips and bake in the oven at a temperature of 160 - 170 ° C for 10 minutes until the surface of the dish melts. You can also put Brussels sprouts with cheese in a special plate and cook it in the microwave;
- In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can use any other seasonings to your taste.