- Pork 250 grams
- Beef 250 grams
- Zucchini (zucchini) 1 piece (250 grams)
- Red onion 1 piece (70 grams)
- Tomatoes 1 piece (70 grams)
- Sweet bell pepper 1 piece (120 grams)
- Garlic 1-2 prongs
- Tomato paste 2 teaspoons (50 grams)
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Breadcrumbs 3 tablespoons
- Dry mint 1 teaspoon (with a slide)
- Fresh parsley 1 bunch (small - weight 50 grams)
- Dried ground chilli to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Zucchini, Garlic
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineGreek Cuisine
Inventory:Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Oven, Deep metal non-stick baking sheet, Baking brush, Paper kitchen towels, Meat grinder, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 3 pieces, Garlic gum, Deep plate, Kitchen gloves, Kitchen spatula, Large flat dish
Step 1: prepare the meat.
First of all, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and grease a deep metal non-stick baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil using a baking brush. Then we thoroughly wash 250 grams of pork and 250 grams of beef under cold running water from the blood, dry them with paper kitchen towels to prevent excess moisture.
We spread the meat on a cutting board, with a knife we clean from the hymen and small bones that could remain after chopping carcasses. After we cut it into small pieces about 4 - 5 centimeters and pass through a meat grinder with a small nozzle directly into a deep bowl.
Step 2: prepare vegetables and herbs.
Then, using a knife for cutting raw vegetables, peel red onions, garlic, and cut the stalks of zucchini and bell pepper and gut the latter with seeds. After we wash them under cold running water along with a tomato and parsley. Dip vegetables with paper towels, and shake greens over the sink from excess water. Take zucchini and rub it on a fine or medium grater, squeeze it from the juice and put in a deep bowl.
The remaining vegetables are alternately stacked on a cutting board, cut into small cubes up to 5 millimeters and sent to zucchini. We also survive through garlic cloves of garlic cloves and put finely chopped parsley.
Step 3: prepare the meat for meatballs.
In a musk with chopped vegetables and herbs, add 1 teaspoon of dried mint, 2 teaspoons of tomato paste, 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly with a clean hand.
Then we drive 1 chicken egg into the same container without shell, put the ground meat, add salt and dried, ground chili pepper to taste. Re-mix all the components of the minced meat until smooth and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: forming meatballs.
Pour a little ordinary water into a deep plate and wet our hands in it. We collect a full tablespoon of minced meat, put it on the palm of our hands and form a ball from the meat cake mix, which we immediately place on a baking sheet prepared for baking.
In the same way, we form the remaining meatballs, distributing them on a baking sheet, at a small distance from each other, 2–3 centimeters of free space are quite enough.
Step 5: bake meatballs.
Now we check the temperature of the oven, if it has warmed up, we send a baking sheet into it with still raw meatballs. Bake keftedes 30 minutes, during that time meatballs will reach full readiness and will be covered with a beautiful golden brown crust of soft brown color. After the required time has passed we put on kitchen gloves in our hands, remove the baking sheet from the oven and put it on a cutting board. Using a kitchen spatula, transfer the meatballs to a large flat dish, arrange them to taste and serve.
Step 6: serve the caffedes.
Keftedes - meatballs with meat and vegetables, which are served hot as a second hot dish. As a side dish for this yummy, you can offer a salad of fresh vegetables, vegetable purees, pita bread, optionally it can be cereals from cereals of any kind, boiled rice, pasta. Also, any vegetable sauces based on sour cream, mayonnaise or tomato are suitable for such meatballs. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- In addition to the spices and herbs indicated in the ingredients, you can use any spices that are suitable for cooking beef or pork dishes, for example, white allspice, oregano, thyme, savory, sage and these are just a few options.
- Very often, minced meat for such meatballs is made from a mixture of meat, combining lamb, beef and pork.
- Instead of zucchini, you can use raw potatoes.
- Sometimes, before slicing a tomato, it is blanched, the skin is removed, and then crushed.
- The set of greens that are put in the filling is not limited; you can use parsley as well as dill, cilantro, basil or green onions.
- At will, the formed meatballs can be rolled in wheat flour and fry in a large amount of vegetable oil to a brown crust, but this will make the dish fatter.