Ingredients for making plum marmalade
- Ripe plum 1.5 kilograms
- Sugar 600 grams
- Main Ingredients Plum, Sugar
- Serving 6 servings
Colander, Cutting board, Knife, Deep bowl, Medium pan - 2 pieces, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Tablespoon, Sterilized glass half liter cans, Nylon covers for cans, Scoop, Serving bowl, Kitchen gloves, Refrigerator
Preparation of marmalade from plums:
Step 1: prepare the plums.
To make a delicious aromatic marmalade with spicy sourness, you need to take ripe juicy plums. So, thoroughly wash the fruit under running water, remove the tails and shift into a free bowl. Now put them one by one on a cutting board and use a knife to make an incision around the bone. We clean the halves with clean hands, then - pick a bone with a knife and discard it (it will not be useful to us). We transfer the plum halves to a clean pan. Attention: for 600 grams of sugar we need 1 kilogram of plums. We fill them with sugar and leave aside to insist and let the juice flow for days.
Step 2: prepare marmalade from plums.
In 24 hours, the drain will give enough juice. We put the pan on a big fire. When the mixture begins to boil, make the fire less than average and cook the marmalade for 20-30 minutes to softness. Important: From time to time, be sure to stir everything with a wooden spatula so that the liquid mass does not begin to stick to the bottom of the pan.
After the allotted time has passed, turn off the burner, and discard the plum mixture through a colander into a clean pan. Attention: be sure to use kitchen potholders so as not to get burned. Grind the plum, helping yourself with a tablespoon. Rubbed plums again put on medium heat. When the marmalade begins to boil, continue to cook it on a small fire for another 30 minutes, from time to time, stirring everything with improvised inventory. Once this yummy is ready, turn off the burner and let it cool to a warm state.
Now, using the ladle, we pour the jelly into clean jars and tightly close the containers with nylon caps. We put in the refrigerator a little insist, and as soon as there is a desire, dessert can be served at the table.
Step 3: serve the plum marmalade.
Pour the marmalade from the plums into the bowl and serve to the dessert table with tea. By the way, such a dessert can even be spread on bread and butter and enjoy it in the form of a sweet sandwich. Marmalade turns sweet and sour and very tasty.
Enjoy your tea party!
- For a more expressive flavor of marmalade, you can use aniseed seeds. For 1 kilogram of peeled plums, you need 0.5 teaspoon. After the plums are cooked in sugar and their own juice, add the seeds, mix everything well and proceed to the next step in the preparation of the dessert.
- Instead of a colander, boiled plum mixture can also be ground using a food processor. In this case, you need a nozzle for making mashed potatoes.
- Marmalade from plums can also be rolled up and enjoy it already in the cold season. To do this, after cooking the dessert, pour the mass into sterilized jars and, using a can wrench, tightly bury them. Then we turn the cans upside down and put them in a secluded place under the blanket. When the marmalade has completely cooled down, put it in the pantry and wait for the time when you can enjoy the dessert.
- In addition to aniseed seeds, you can also use 0.5 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to give marmalade a special aroma and taste.