Ingredients for Cooking Chicken in Milk
- Fresh chicken (breast) 500 grams
- Vegetable oil 1-2 tablespoons
- 1 cup pasteurized whole milk
- Dried ground ginger 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Ground dried marjoram 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Chicken, Milk
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Deep bowl, Tablespoon, Glass (capacity 250 milliliters), Stove, Frying pan with lid, Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking chicken in milk:
Step 1: prepare the chicken.
We take fresh chicken fillet, rinse it under cold running water and dry it with paper kitchen towels.
Then put the meat on a cutting board and cut off the film with cartilage from it.
After that, cut the fillet in portions from 2 to 3 centimeters in size, transfer them to a deep bowl, sprinkle with salt, dried ginger and marjoram to taste.
Rub the spices into the chicken with clean hands and leave it in this form for 10 - 15 minutes.
Step 2: fry the chicken.
After the time we need, we put the pan on a strong fire and pour one or two tablespoons of vegetable oil into it.
We allow the oil to heat up, then gently lower the pieces of the infused fillet into it and fry them on all sides for 45 minutesstirring vigorously with a kitchen spatula.
At this stage of cooking, it is not necessary to bring the meat to full readiness; a light coating of a golden crust on chicken pieces is enough.
Step 3: bring the dish to full readiness.
When the chicken becomes rosy, fill it with the right amount of whole pasteurized milk and, if necessary, add a little more salt with spices.
Next, bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat to a level between small and medium, cover the pan with a lid and simmer the meat 10 - 15 minutesstirring occasionally. During this time, the chicken will reach full readiness, and the milk will almost evaporate, very little will remain at the bottom of the pan.
It can be evaporated to the end or left and used as gravy. The finished dish is insisted under the lid on the turned off stove yet 45 minutes. Then we lay it out in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 4: serve the chicken in milk.
Chicken in milk is a second course that is served hot. Basically, each portion is supplemented with some side dish: boiled rice, mashed potatoes, fresh vegetable salad, pasta or other pasta. This dish has a pleasant sweet-salty taste with a pronounced aroma of ginger, marjoram and milk. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- marjoram can be replaced with dried basil;
- instead of vegetable oil, you can use butter;
- if desired, 2 to 3 minutes before the dishes are fully cooked, you can add a tablespoon of sifted wheat flour to the milk remaining at the bottom of the pan. Stir everything until smooth and warm until the gravy thickens;
- sometimes this dish is prepared differently. Fried chicken is spread in a baking dish, poured with milk and baked for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 200 degrees Celsius.