Ingredients for making berry compote with honey
- Frozen strawberries 300 grams
- Frozen cherries 300 grams
- Frozen black currant 200 grams
- Frozen raspberries 100 grams
- Honey 200 grams
- Pure water 2-2.5 liters
- Main ingredients: Cherry, Strawberry, Raspberry, Honey
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, Measuring cup (for water), Stove, Deep pan with a lid (capacity 3 liters), Carafe, Wooden kitchen spoon, Glass
Preparation of berry compote with honey:
Step 1: prepare the berries.
First of all, we take a deep pan and pour 2 - 2.5 liters of pure water into it. We put the container on the stove, turned on to a strong level, and bring the liquid to a boil. While the water is boiling, we take out from the freezer 300 grams of strawberries, cherries, 200 grams of black currant. And if you have any other berries that want to get into the compote, you can use them, in my case it is 100 grams of raspberries. Put all the berries in a deep bowl and break to the next step.
Step 2: cook the compote.
When the water in the pan begins to boil, reduce the temperature of the stove to an average level and carefully place the berry mixture in boiling water. After the liquid boils again, turn off the stove and cover the pan with a lid. We allow the compote to infuse and cool to room temperature. Then we add 200 grams of honey to the cooled drink, with a wooden kitchen spoon, mix until completely dissolved and proceed to the tasting.
Step 3: serve berry compote with honey.
Berry compote with honey is served at room temperature or chilled. It is poured into a decanter and then poured into glasses. A charmingly rich drink can be served for dessert with any pastries or other sweet dishes. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- If desired, you can use any other set of frozen berries.
- Very often, orange or lemon peel is added to this type of compote, this component gives the aroma of the finished drink pleasant citrus notes.
- If desired, you can strain the compote, drink a drink, and use the boiled berries to make mashed potatoes for small children.
- Important! Honey is added only after the compote has cooled, if you add it to a hot drink, this ingredient will lose its beneficial properties!