Ingredients for cooking mussels with vegetables.
- Frozen mussels 500 grams (1 pack)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Sweet pepper salad (red) 1 piece (large)
- Canned corn 1 can (380 grams)
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Soy sauce 1-2 tablespoons
- Butter 50 grams
- Main IngredientsMussels and Scallops, Corn, Onions, Peppers
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineMexican Cuisine
Stove, Kettle, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Fine mesh colander, Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Paper kitchen towels, Canned key, Frying pan, Kitchen shovel, Plate - 2 pieces
Cooking mussels with vegetables:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, put on a strong fire a full kettle of water and bring the liquid to a boil.
Then open the package with frozen mussels, transfer them to a deep bowl and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
Then we discard the seafood in a colander and after a while scald them with boiling water. They do not need any other preliminary heat treatment or cleaning.
After that, set the colander on a bowl and leave the mussels in this form until use.
Now peel the onions, and cut off the stalk of sweet lettuce pepper and gut it from the seeds.
We wash the vegetables under cold running water, dry with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a chopping board and cut them into medium cubes the size of one centimeter or thin half rings. We shift the slices into a common deep bowl.
Then, using a canned wrench, open a jar of corn and carefully drain the liquid from it. We also put on the kitchen table the remaining products that will be needed to prepare the dish.
Step 2: prepare the mussels with vegetables.
We don’t waste time in vain, put a frying pan on medium heat and pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil into it.
After a few minutes, dip the chopped vegetables into the heated oil and fry them until half-cooked, stirring occasionally with a kitchen spatula. This process will take approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
When the onions become transparent and the peppers are soft, add canned corn, mussels and fry all the ingredients together 10 minutesstirring vigorously.
In two minutes until ready, pour a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce into the pan and put a small piece of butter. These products give a richer and more pleasant aftertaste to the finished dish. After that, turn off the stove, spread the mussels with vegetables on plates and serve.
Step 3: Serve the mussels with vegetables.
Mussels with vegetables are served hot or warm. Nearby lay sliced lemon, the juice of which is watered before tasting the dish. Very often this dish is complemented with pasta such as pasta or spaghetti. But with mussels you can serve any other side dish, for example: boiled rice, mashed potatoes or a salad of fresh vegetables. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- A set of vegetables can be supplemented with sliced thin plates of mushrooms, small cubes of fresh tomato and green peas.
- Instead of olive oil, you can use refined sunflower oil.
- During frying, vegetables can be sprinkled to taste with spices such as allspice, ground bay leaves, dried lemongrass and paprika.
- Butter is added to the dish for a softer, gentler aftertaste, but if desired, you can not put it at all.