Grilled Mackerel Ingredients
- Mackerel 4 pcs
- Spices for fish to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients Mackerel
- Serving 4 - 8
Inventory:Grill pan, Knife, Cutting board, Large plate or bowl, Refrigerator, Napkins, Kitchen spatula
Step 1: Prepare the fish.
We wash the mackerel under cold running water, put it on a cutting board, cut off the head, tail and gutted with a sharp knife. Then we again wash the carcasses of fish under cold running water, dry with napkins or paper kitchen towels.
Then cut along the spine into two parts, remove all bones, season with spices and salt and put in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 hours.
Step 2: Fry the mackerel.
With the passage of the right time, we take the fish out of the refrigerator, turn on a strong fire on the stove, put a special grill pan and wait until it is fully heated.
Now you can start frying. You do not need to grease the grill pan with oil, and it is better to start halving the carcass halves on the skin side.
Mackerel fried quite quickly, literally 5 minutes on each side and ready.
With the help of a kitchen spatula, we transfer the finished fish to a large beautiful plate.
Step 3: Serve the grilled mackerel.
Hot fried mackerel is served for lunch or dinner.
You can prepare a light vegetable salad for a side dish, boil rice or buckwheat, although baked potatoes and slices of fresh lemon are ideal for fish. As a drink, you can offer green tea or white wine.
Enjoy your meal!
- In order to make the crust on the fish more crispy and fried, mackerel can be greased with melted butter or vegetable oil.
- Mackerel can be pickled not only in spices, but also in white dry wine.
- As spices for mackerel, you can use paprika, black or white ground pepper, granulated garlic, onions, and dill.
- When buying frozen mackerel, pay attention to the shape of the fish itself, it should not be dented or have cuts, abrasions, and spots. Fish stuck together, ice flows are most often the result of repeated thawing and freezing.