Ingredients for the preparation of beet tops for the winter
- Beet tops (young) 2 handfuls
- Water 0.7 liters
- Salt 1 tablespoon (no slide)
- Apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 1 serving
Glass jars, a wooden spatula, a ladle, a kitchen knife, a cutting board.
Cooking beet tops for the winter:
Step 1: prepare beet tops.
Rinse young beetroot leaves by rinsing them several times with running water. Then brush them off excess moisture, place them on a cutting board and cut them into strips with a knife 1-1.5 centimeters.
Step 2: cook the beet tops.
Boil water with apple cider vinegar and salt in a saucepan. When the marinade begins to boil, throw the chopped beet tops into it and cook everything for 5-7 minutes. You need to cook over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Step 3: harvest the beet tops.
Arrange the beet tops in clean prepared cans, pour a little marinade in which they were cooked. Close the jars tightly and turn them upside down. So keep until the workpiece is completely cool, and then remove the pickled beet tops in a cool place not accessible to sunlight.
Step 4: serve the pickled beet tops.
Pickled beet tops are usually added to soups, by the way, you can add a little marinade with it. Soup with such dressing will become much tastier and healthier, and even in winter it will look somehow in the summer.
Enjoy your meal!
- Banks, before you harvest the tops in them, sterilize them properly.
- For fidelity, many housewives prefer to sterilize the cans along with the blanks. To do this, after you close the lids, you need to put the cans in a pot of water and boil for 5-15 minutes, depending on the volume of the glass containers.