Ingredients for making caprese with watermelon
- Mozzarella Cheese 2 large bowls
- Lemon zest 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 3 tablespoons
- Red pepper flakes 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil 1/3 cup
- Watermelon (diced pulp) 4 cups
- Basil leaves (chopped) 1/4 cup
- Main ingredients: Watermelon, Cheese
Kitchen knife, cutting board, salad bowl, deep plate, whisk.
Cooking caprese with watermelon:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Mozzarella cheese needs to be cut into thin slices and immediately beautifully laid out at the bottom of the salad bowl.
From the pulp of a watermelon, you need to select all the bones, and then cut into medium-sized cubes. Try to keep all the cubes approximately the same.
Rinse the basil leaves and cut from the stems.
Step 2: season caprese with watermelon.
In a bowl, beat lemon juice and zest, olive oil, salt and pepper flakes. Mix everything well.
Throw the cubes of watermelon pulp into the resulting dressing and mix thoroughly, but carefully so as not to crush. Add a little more salt, if necessary.
Step 3: serve caprese with watermelon.
Carefully put the watermelon mixed with dressing on the cheese laid out earlier in the salad bowl, pour everything on top of the remaining dressing, decorate with basil leaves and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
- The most delicious caprese is obtained if you pre-cool the watermelon and keep its pulp in the refrigerator.