Ingredients for Enchiladas Sauce
- Tomato sauce 1 cup
- Pure water 300-325 ml
- Flour 2 tbsp. spoons
- Vegetable oil 3-4 tbsp. spoons
- Ground red chili pepper 2 tbsp. spoons or to taste
- Cumin 1/4 teaspoon
- Onion powder 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Onion, Garlic, Flour
- World CuisineMexican Cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan, Measuring cup, Teaspoon, Cooker, Tablespoon, Kitchen spatula
Preparation of sauce for enchiladas:
Step 1: Prepare the flour and red pepper.
On the stove we turn on the medium heat, put the pan on the burner and pour the vegetable oil.
After it has warmed up, add the flour and red ground pepper. With constant stirring with a kitchen spatula, fry for 4 minutes or until a saturated aroma appears.
Step 2: Cook the sauce.
Then we pour tomato sauce and water into the pan, add spices: caraway seeds, garlic and onion powder, season with salt, mix and reduce heat to a minimum. After the sauce boils, cook it for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
We try the finished sauce to taste, if necessary, add a little salt, water or spices. Mix again and serve.
Step 3: Serve the sauce to the enchiladas.
The sauce is served with a Mexican dish enchiladas, but it also perfectly complements pasta, rice or buckwheat, as well as other vegetable dishes, such as homemade french fries or vegetable cutlets, and of course, pizza.
Enjoy your meal!
- In this sauce, you can add other spices to taste, for example, cayenne pepper.
- Before starting cooking, it is better to sift the flour through a sieve.
- The sauce can be boiled in any vegetable oil, but it is better to use olive.
- Tomato sauce can be cooked yourself from homemade tomatoes. Pre-peeled and peeled.