Ingredients for Cooking Cold Borsch with Pickled Beets
- Pickled beets 200 grams
- Potato 5 pieces
- 5 eggs
- Fresh cucumbers 2 pieces
- Ham or boiled sausage 400 grams
- Salt to taste
- Boiled water optional
- Sour cream or mayonnaise for dressing
- Greens (dill, parsley, onions) to taste
- Main ingredients: Ham, Cucumber, Beetroot, Eggs
Stewpan, pan, kitchen knife, cutting board, deep plate, tablespoon, serving dish.
Cooking cold borsch with pickled beets:
Step 1: Prepare the potatoes.
Rinse the potatoes, removing all the earth, sand and other dirt. Dip the vegetables in a pan, fill with water and set on fire. When the water boils, the fire will need to be reduced. Cook the potatoes until they are loose, usually this takes about 40 minutes.
Boiled potatoes will need to be cooled, peeled and cut into small cubes.
Step 2: Prepare the eggs.
Follow the potatoes to boil the chicken eggs. Only they need to be boiled in slightly salted water for 12-15 minutes. After sharply cool by lowering the eggs in a bowl of ice water, and peel.
Mash hard-boiled chicken eggs with a fork or grate, or cut into small pieces with a knife.
Step 3: Prepare the cucumbers.
Rinse the fresh cucumbers, peel them if necessary, and then cut the vegetables into small cubes or straws.
Step 4: Prepare the ham.
Peel the ham or cooked sausage from the inedible skin and cut into small cubes or a thin straw.
Step 5: Prepare the pickled beets.
Our beets are already ready, pickled. I have pickled grated, so you don’t need to do anything with it, just open a jar. But if you have beets prepared in whole or in large pieces, it must be cut into smaller pieces.
Step 6: Prepare the greens.
Wash dill, parsley, and green onions, dry and chop into small pieces.
Step 7: Mix cold borsch with pickled beets.
Place all the ingredients in a suitable sized salad bowl.
Mix everything thoroughly, you get a salad.
If you do not need to serve cold borsch right now, then store it in the form of salad in the refrigerator.
Step 8: Season cold beetroot soup with pickled beets.
Arrange the ingredients mixed with each other in portions, pour into each cold boiled water, add salt and sour cream or mayonnaise. Mix everything well and serve cold borsch with pickled beets to the table.
Step 9: Serve cold borsch with pickled beets.
Cold borsch with pickled beets is a summer soup, but who said that they can’t eat both in autumn and winter, because all the ingredients necessary for its preparation are at hand all year round. Make this tasty and satisfying meal for lunch, have you stockpiled pickled beets? Why not use them right now.
Enjoy your meal!
- On our website you can find a recipe for grated pickled beets, which is just right for cooking cold borsch according to this recipe. To learn how to pickle grated beets, click here.
- You can fill cold borsch in the same way with beetroot broth, kefir or other sour-milk product.
- It is not necessary to add sausage to cold borsch with pickled beets, you can cook a vegetarian version of this soup by removing the meat product, but adding radish, among other vegetables. And you can cook cold borsch with fish or sea cocktail.