Ingredients for making zucchini salad with onions for the winter
- Zucchini (or zucchini) 400 grams
- Onion 2 pieces
- Apple cider vinegar 250 milliliters
- Sugar (preferably brown) 70 grams
- Mustard powder 0.5 teaspoon
- Turmeric 0.5 teaspoon
- Salt 40 grams
- Fennel seeds 1 pinch
- Ground chili pepper 1 pinch
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Zucchini
Stewpan, wooden spatula, kitchen knife, colander, knife for cutting vegetables, glass jars with lids, kitchen pot holders for hot dishes, disposable paper towels, deep plate.
Cooking a salad of zucchini with onions for the winter:
Step 1: Prepare the zucchini.
Take fresh zucchini or, as in my case, zucchini, they are also great here. Rinse the vegetables properly, it is better to even use a brush, sponge or something like that to get rid of adhering dirt. Then cut the tail and tip from the side opposite the tail.
If you already managed to get a zucchini with a thick skin and large seeds, then all this needs to be cleaned and removed from it. If you have a young vegetable, then skip this step.
Now cut the zucchini or zucchini into thin slices using a special knife for cutting vegetables. There's no such thing? No problem! Thin circles are also suitable, and they can be made with an ordinary kitchen knife.
Step 2: Prepare the onion.
Peel onions and, for greater comfort during further work with it, rinse with running cold water. Cut the onions with thin feathers or small cubes, and then mix it with zucchini.
Peeled and chopped zucchini mixed with onions should be soaked in clean water at room temperature for 1 hour, then drain the liquid and pat the vegetables dry with disposable paper towels dry.
Step 4: Marinate the zucchini salad with onions for the winter.
In a stewpan, prepare marinade by mixing apple cider vinegar and all the spices you need to prepare the preparation: granulated sugar, salt, mustard powder, turmeric, fennel seeds and ground chili. Bring everything to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Boil the marinade until all the sugar has dissolved.
Transfer the zucchini with onions into a deep plate, pour them with the freshly prepared marinade and mix well.
Without letting the salad cool, lay it in clean, sterilized jars and immediately close the blanks tightly with lids.
Step 5: Serve the zucchini salad with onions.
Salad of zucchini with onions in our family goes to "Hurray!" and in itself, like a cold appetizer, and along with various hot dishes, like a side dish. In winter, it is very cool to enjoy fresh zucchini, summer is immediately remembered, and even if the weather outside leaves much to be desired, the apartment seems to become a little sunny.
Enjoy your meal!
- The tastiest thing is this blank is obtained from fresh, young zucchini.
- It is most convenient when a salad - appetizer similar to that described in this recipe is prepared in small jars. Firstly, a small jar takes up less space in the refrigerator, and secondly, you don’t have to wait for a special occasion to open a fresh serving, since zucchini in any case will not go bad, because the serving is not that big and will leave quickly.