Ingredients for the preparation of salad "Globe"
- Eggplant 1 kg
- Bulgarian pepper 1 kilogram
- Tomatoes (juicy) 2 kilograms
- Onion 500 grams
- Carrot 500 grams
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar 6% (9% for those who like it sharper) 100 grams
- Vegetable oil 200 grams
- Main ingredients: Eggplant, Onion, Carrot, Pepper, Tomato
Cauldron, ladle, kitchen knife, cutting board, knife for cleaning vegetables, glass jars with lids.
Cooking Globus Salad:
Step 1: prepare the eggplant.
Rinse the eggplants well, cut off the tip and the stalk. All vegetables for Globus salad are cut very large. That is, it can be large semicircles, which is more desirable, or large cubes.
Step 2: prepare the pepper.
Peel sweet peppers from seeds, remove the stem and rinse inside and out. Dry the vegetables, and then cut them into thick strips or large squares.
Step 3: prepare the tomatoes.
Rinse the tomatoes, cut out from the top of the seal, which remains there after removing the stem. Cut the tomatoes as large as possible, trying not to crush them, so as not to lose a lot of juice.
Step 4: prepare the onion.
Peel the onion and cut into large, thick rings. And so that your eyes do not watery, there is one small trick: vegetables and a knife blade need to be rinsed with ice water.
Step 5: prepare the carrots.
Rinse carrots from sand, peel and rinse again with warm water. Cut the prepared carrots into thick circles.
Step 6: stew the salad.
Pour vegetable oil and vinegar to the bottom of the cauldron. In the following order, without stirring, fold the vegetables: carrot slices, onions, eggplant, sweet peppers and tomatoes at the very top. Close the cauldron with a lid and over low heat bring the vegetable mixture to a boil, and then simmer for 35-40 minutes. I repeat once again that you do not need to mix the salad during the cooking process, if the pan is suitable, then nothing will burn.
Step 7: preserve the salad.
Lay out the hot Globus salad in sterilized and heated glass jars immediately after preparation. If you mix up during this process, then there is nothing to worry about, without this in any way. Close blanks tightly and allow to cool at room temperature.
Globus salad is stored without any special conditions, along with other blanks.
Step 8: serve the salad.
Serve the Globe salad as an appetizer on the holiday table or as a complement to a side dish on a typical day. The taste of this workpiece always turns out amazing, which is probably why it is so popular with many housewives. Be sure to try Globus salad if you haven’t prepared it yet.
Enjoy your meal!
- Just in case, I note that you do not need to add water during the preparation of Globus salad, since tomatoes emit a sufficient amount of juice. The main thing here is to use a cauldron, and not an ordinary pan with a thin bottom. In extreme cases, the ducklings will do.
- The jars along with the salad are not sterilized, but before that you need to thoroughly rinse the container and heat it with steam or in the oven (microwave) in order to kill all the germs.
- Globus salad needs to be prepared in small glass jars, especially if you have a small family. A small jar will quickly eat up and will not take up much space in the refrigerator.