Ingredients for Making Citrus Jam
- Pomelo 1 piece (large)
- Oranges 1.5 kilograms
- Lemons 500 grams
- Sugar 1 kilogram
- Vanilla sugar 1 teaspoon with a hill
- Main Ingredients: Orange, Lemon, Sugar
Saucepan, kitchen knife, cutting board, wooden spoon, ladle, glass jars with lids, a kitchen towel, a basin.
Making citrus jam:
Step 1: Prepare the fruit.
First, rinse oranges and lemons thoroughly with a soft brush or the reverse side of the sponge, removing any adhering dirt. Then completely dip the fruits in a bowl of cold water and let them soak there for 2 days, water must be changed every 12-18 hours.
After oranges with lemons lie in the water for a couple of days, cut them into small pieces without peeling them. However, the seeds must be removed, otherwise the jam will be bitter.
Rinse the pomelo, peel, divide into slices and remove all the whitish films and seeds. Only the flesh should remain.
Put all the slices of citrus fruit in one pan and mix thoroughly, but carefully so as not to mash.
Step 2: Mix the fruit with sugar.
Add granulated sugar to the fruit, mix again and leave everything on 2-3 hours. During this time, fruit juice should stand out. We will cook it on it, completely without the use of water.
Step 3: Cook Citrus Jam
Place a pan of candied fruit on a slow fire and bring to a boil. Do not forget to stir all the time so that nothing burns. You need to cook the jam until the slices of citrus become transparent, like glass, and soft. This can be done in one go, just cooking citrus fruits for several hours, or you can stretch the process for several days. That is, cook, let cool, then boil again and so several times, until you achieve the desired result. In the latter case, it can take up to 2 days to prepare the jam.
At the very end of cooking, add vanilla sugar. If you do this earlier, then its aroma will simply disappear due to such a long cooking process.
Pour hot citrus jam into sterilized glass jars, close them tightly and set to cool at room temperature. After the cooled jam from citrus fruits, you can remove it into the cellar or pantry to your other workpieces.
Step 4: Serve Citrus Jam.
Serve citrus jam for dessert with tea and sweet toast. And do not be surprised that you will immediately begin to simultaneously ask for a cooking recipe and demand supplements. The main thing is always keep one jar for yourself, so that on a particularly cold and long winter evening you have something to please your beloved.
Enjoy your meal!
- Some mistresses also add a stick of cinnamon to the citrus jam.
- Pay special attention to the preparation and sterilization of cans, otherwise you can not only transfer products in vain, but also poison poisoned jam.
- Never procure jam, it does not matter from citrus fruits or from what else, in large jars. This is very inconvenient, since only a sweet tooth of the Carlson level can eat several liters of jam at once, and you can store an open jar of delicacy only in the refrigerator, where it will occupy a lot of precious space.