Ingredients for making melon and watermelon salad
- 1/4 watermelon pieces
- Cantaloupe melon 1 piece (small)
- Honey melon 1/2 pieces
For mint and ginger dressing
- Orange 1/2 pieces
- Lime 1 piece
- Honey 1 teaspoon
- Fresh grated 2 teaspoons ginger
- Salt 1 pinch
- Fresh mint 2 sprigs
- Main ingredients: Melon, Orange, Lime, Watermelon
- Serving15 servings
Kitchen knife, cutting board, tablespoon, deep plate, deep saucer, whisk, citrus juice squeezer, grater.
Making melon and watermelon salad:
Step 1: Preparing the dressing.
The most time-consuming part of cooking this salad is dressing. We’ll start with her. First prepare all the ingredients by washing them thoroughly with warm water and drying them.
Squeeze the juice from half an orange. Then halve the lime and squeeze the juice out of it into the same bowl. Shuffle.
Now it's the turn for fresh ginger root. It needs to be cleaned and grated, and then added to orange and lime juice.
Pour in the right amount of honey. Add a pinch of salt (do not be surprised, salt will emphasize the taste).
Separate the leaves from the mint branches, fold them together and cut them into thin strips.
Pour the mint in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and beat thoroughly with a whisk until honey and salt are completely dissolved in fruit juice.
Step 2: Prepare watermelon and melon.
To prepare this salad, I used melons of two different varieties, in fact it is, of course, completely not strict and you can take one large juicy melon of the variety that you like best.
Cut the melon into slices and remove the flesh from a thick peel, and then crush it into small cubes.
Repeat all over with a quarter of the watermelon and the remaining melon.
At the same time, I strongly recommend that you take out the bones of the pulp with the tip of the knife on the road so that they do not interfere in the salad.
Step 3: Mix melon and watermelon salad.
Take a really large and deep plate so that all this beauty from fragrant melons and watermelon fits easily there. Mix colored pulp cubes.
Add mint and ginger dressing. You will feel a very pleasant, mouth-watering and undoubtedly summer smell.
Gently mix melon and watermelon salad. And immediately after that, serve it to the table. However, if necessary, the finished salad can be stored in the refrigerator. Be sure to try if the taste of the dressing is too strong and it seems that it interrupts, just add some more melon.
Attention: Do not use fruit pulp for salad preparation, which easily breaks and kneads, for example, a banana, as it will simply lose its appearance.
Step 4: Serve melon and watermelon salad.
Ready melon and watermelon salad is just a summer pleasure. And it’s not corny sweet, but also pleasantly refreshing and it’s really great for a hot summer.
Enjoy your meal!
- When the melon and watermelon salad stands for a while, the fruit will produce juice that is incredibly good as a drink or as the basis for refreshing summer cocktails. Therefore, do not pour it out, but store it in the refrigerator, unless, of course, you drink it right away.
- For this salad, sweet grapes or pineapple, both fresh and canned, as well as ripe strawberries, will be a good addition, so do not be afraid to experiment and add what you like.
- You can serve fruit salads with ice cream, but not with chocolate or nut, as they have too bright taste, clogging fruit.