Ingredients for Making Apricot Jam with Nucleoli
- Ripe apricots 1 kilogram
- Sugar 1 kilogram
- Pure water 200 milliliters
- Citric acid at the tip of a knife
- Main IngredientsApricot, Sugar
Clean glass jars with lids, a wide pan, a ladle, a wide funnel, a kitchen knife, cutting board, tweezers, pliers, a colander, a fork, a kitchen towel.
Cooking apricot jam with nucleoli:
Step 1: prepare the apricots.
Choose only ripe, elastic and fairly hard fruits, otherwise they will boil in the process and lose their appearance.
Rinse the selected apricots thoroughly, dry and make a shallow incision on each along the stone. Using tweezers, carefully remove the seeds from the fruit.
Step 2: prepare the kernels.
Now one more painstaking moment. It is necessary to split each bone with pliers and remove the nucleoli without damaging them.
Attention: be sure to try the kernels extracted from apricots, they are very bitter, it’s better not to use these for making jam.
If the kernels taste okay, put them back into the apricots through the same cut through which you extracted the seeds. Prick stuffed apricots with a fork or a toothpick on several sides. Thanks to the resulting small holes, the syrup penetrates better into the pulp of the fruit.
Step 3: cook apricot jam with nucleoli.
Take a large wide pan and cook the syrup in it, mixing sugar with water and bringing to a boil. Cool to a slightly warmer temperature than room temperature. Dip apricots in warm syrup and drown them a little. Cover and let soak for a day, only occasionally checking them to lower the pop-up apricots deeper into the syrup.
After one day, boil the contents of the pan and let it boil for 1-2 minutes. Then again leave to insist at least 18 hours, and preferably 1 day. After this time, repeat all the procedures again. Cook apricot jam until the fruits are translucent and the syrup thickens. This is usually required from 4 days. During the last boil, add citric acid and immediately afterwards pour the jam into clean jars.
Apricot jam with nucleoli should only be stored in a sterilized glass container with tightly closed lids. Freshly spilled jam should be wrapped with a kitchen towel or blanket and cooled to room temperature, and then sent to a dark place, such as a pantry.
Step 4: serve apricot jam with nucleoli.
Serve apricot jam with nucleoli for tea as an independent dessert. It turns out much tastier than all kinds of purchased canned apricots, not to mention what is more useful.
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of apricot kernels, you can use peeled almonds or ginger.
- You can also buy apricot kernels in the store and put several in each fruit.
- It’s best to make sugar jams that contain pectin. Usually in stores it is called "Sugar for jam with pectin." It is with him that the workpiece will turn out to be sweet, but not cloying, and it requires 2 times less than ordinary sugar.
- This recipe indicates the amount of ingredients that is needed to cook jam from 1 kilogram of apricots, and if you have more fruits, increase the amount of water, sugar and citric acid accordingly, keeping the proportions.