Ingredients for Cucumber and Strawberry Salad
- Fresh cucumbers 4 pieces
- Fresh strawberries 100-150 grams
- Salad greens 100 grams
- Young spinach 200 grams
- Olive oil 2 teaspoons
- Balsamic vinegar 1/2 teaspoon
For the sauce
- Fresh mint 10 sprigs
- Natural yogurt without additives 100 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Cucumber, Strawberry, Yogurt, Greens
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Cup, small deep plate, fork, whisk, tablespoon, kitchen knife, cutting board, colander, salad bowl, knife for cleaning vegetables, serving plate, sauce boat.
Making a salad of cucumbers and strawberries:
Step 1: Prepare the Strawberries.
Rinse the strawberries properly and dry them a little, then cut a green tail from each berry. Now, very carefully, choosing the sharpest knife, cut the strawberries into thin slices.
Step 2: Prepare the cucumbers.
Rinse fresh cucumbers, cut the skin completely or partially, and remove the tips on both sides. Then cut each vegetable lengthwise into 2 or 4 parts, and then cut the rugs or quarters into thin slices.
Step 3: Prepare salad greens and spinach.
Put all the greens in a colander and rinse very carefully, because usually there is sand and dust particles on it, if it was in the store. Then brush off lettuce and spinach from excess moisture. Remove the hard stems, and chop the remaining large chopped or torn directly to your hands. In this case, it is best to leave a couple of the largest salad leaves for decoration.
Step 4: We are preparing refueling.
In a separate cup, mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil until smooth.
Step 5: Prepare the sauce.
In a deep plate, lay out natural yogurt, add very finely chopped fresh mint leaves to it, salt, pepper and beat very carefully with a fork. By the way, do not spare the black pepper, feel free to add more.
Also, the sauce can be prepared using a blender, simply by placing all the necessary ingredients in the bowl of the appliance, and then chopping and mixing them together.
Step 6: Mix the cucumber and strawberry salad.
In a suitably sized salad bowl, combine cucumbers, strawberries, lettuce and spinach. Pour in the same mixture of olive oil and vinegar and very carefully, so as not to break the berries, mix with a tablespoon. And then serve the finished salad of cucumbers and strawberries to the table.
Step 7: Serve the cucumber and strawberry salad.
Put whole lettuce leaves on the serving dish, then pour the cucumber and strawberry salad there and pour it with yogurt and mint sauce. For greater effect, you can decorate the top of the dish with a whole berry. Pour the rest of the sauce into the gravy boat and serve it the same way. That's all, it remains only to enjoy the taste of fresh summer salad.
Enjoy your meal!
- Sometimes goat cheese is added to salad dressing, finely chopping everything together with a blender.
- The salad of cucumbers and strawberries is not stored for a long time, so you should not cook it in advance, but if you really need it, just prepare all the ingredients and store them separately, and collect the dish immediately before serving.
- The yogurt sauce prepared according to the recipe specified in this article is also very suitable for any fresh vegetable salad.