- Lemon 1 pc
- Parsley to taste
- Garlic 1 clove
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Garlic, Lemon, Greens
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Grater, Knife, Deep plate or bowl, Cutting board, Napkins or paper kitchen towels
Step 1: Prepare the lemon.
In lemon, we need zest, so citrus should be poured with boiling water and left in water for 20 - 40 seconds. This procedure will allow you to better clean the surface. Then we wipe the lemon with paper kitchen towels or napkins, grate with small holes in a cup, bowl or plate. For the mixture you will need about 2 teaspoons of lemon peel (yellow, without a white bitter shell).
Step 2: Grind herbs and garlic.
We wash the parsley under running water, shake off excess liquid above the sink and put it on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut off the green leaves and chop them finely enough. Then transfer to a bowl with zest.
We clear the clove of garlic from the husk, rinse under running water, chop into small pieces of arbitrary shape and transfer to a common bowl.
Step 3: Refill the mixture.
Thoroughly mix the mixture with a teaspoon, add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Step 4: Serve the Gremolat.
The mixture can be served immediately after preparation for seafood with any vegetable, fish or meat dishes as a supplement, as well as season it with pizza or soups. Gremolata is especially good in salads with nuts.
Enjoy your meal!
- Together with parsley, you can add mint or any other herbs to the mixture to taste.
- Traditionally, gremolata is prepared with lemon, but you can play with taste and replace citrus with orange or lime.
- Garlic can be minced not only with a knife on a cutting board, but also use a special garlic box.