Ingredients for Making Chicken Yangni
- Whole chicken or portioned pieces (thighs and drumsticks) 7 pcs
- Onion 2 pcs
- Fresh tomatoes 300 g
- Tomato paste 1 tbsp
- Ground red pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Tomato, Chicken
- Serving 7 servings
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Frying pan with high sides, Shovel
Cooking Chicken Yangnia:
Step 1: Prepare the onion.
We clean the onion and cut into half rings or small cubes, leave it on the board so as not to increase the amount of dirty dishes.
Step 2: Cook the chicken yahn.
For the preparation of yakhnii usually use whole chicken, divided into portions. But here's the problem: the chicken has only two legs and two wings, and if there are more lovers of legs (or other parts) at the table, then someone will be deprived. Therefore, I prefer to cook yarn from shins and thighs, in an amount sufficient to prevent conflicts at the table, so that everyone gets what he loves the most.
So, heat the pan over medium heat, pour a little oil and fry pieces of chicken on all sides until golden brown. Do not forget to salt a little.
Transfer the fried chicken into separate dishes. In a frying pan, in the oil in which the chicken was fried, fry the onions over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes (you can whole, if small or pre-chopped) and cook for about 10 minutes and add the tomato paste, mix.
Transfer the chicken back to the pan, add a glass of hot water, spices and salt to taste.
There are two options for cooking yahniya: the first - the meat is stewed in a small amount of liquid, a little sauce will remain in the pan; the second - in a large amount of liquid and yakhnya at the end of cooking will resemble a thick soup. If you prefer the second - add another glass of hot water.
Simmer the chicken on low heat for about 40 minutes, the meat should become soft and easily separated from the bones. Everything, yahnya is ready.
Step 3: Serve the chicken yacht.
Serve hot chicken yacht as an independent dish or with a side dish: with rice, boiled or fried potatoes, mashed potatoes or pasta.
Enjoy your meal!
- If there are no fresh tomatoes, increase the amount of tomato paste to 50 g. The number of vegetables can be increased, for example, add carrots and bell peppers.
- You can improvise with the sauce, for example, add a little mustard or soy sauce with tomato paste; if you like spicy dishes - add garlic.