Ingredients for Making Strawberry Soup
- Fresh strawberries 1.2 kilograms
- Apricots 3-4 pieces
- Sugar 100 grams
- Dry white wine 100 milliliters
- Fresh mint to taste (optional)
- Main IngredientsApricot, Strawberry, White Wine, Sugar
- Serving 4-6
Blender, fine sieve, tablespoon, kitchen knife, cutting board, colander, disposable paper towels, tureen.
Cooking Strawberry Soup:
Step 1: Prepare the Strawberries.
Fold the untouched strawberries in a colander and rinse very thoroughly with running water. Then gently wipe each berry with a disposable paper towel to remove excess moisture from it. Use a sharp knife to cut the green ponytails, grabbing some flesh.
Set aside immediately 200 grams strawberries and cut it into quarters or halves, these berries will go to decorate the soup.
Step 2: Cooking Strawberry Soup.
Add up 1 kg peeled and washed strawberries in a blender bowl, add 100g sugar and grind everything at maximum speed. As a result, you will get a rather thick and sweet berry puree.
The next step is to get rid of the seeds so that they do not grit on your teeth when you eat strawberry soup. To do this, pass the resulting mashed potatoes through a fine sieve, in some places squeezing it with a tablespoon.
Dilute the strained strawberry mass with white dry wine, mix, pour into the tureen, cover and send to the refrigerator for 15-20 minutesso that the strawberry soup cools.
Step 3: Prepare the apricots and mint.
While the strawberry soup comes to readiness in the refrigerator, prepare decorations for it. Namely, first rinse and dry the apricots, then cut them into thin slices, removing the seed.
Just rinse and dry the fresh mint, leaving small twigs.
Step 4: Serve the strawberry soup.
Stir the cooled strawberry soup again, then pour into servings and garnish each with a sprig of mint, a slice of apricot and / or strawberries. That's all! Serve as a dessert or light afternoon snack and enjoy its refreshing and sweet taste.
Enjoy your meal!
- Strawberry soup can also be decorated with branches of red currant, as they look incredibly appetizing in a plate with this dessert.
- If you are preparing strawberry soup for children, you can not add wine, along with it, of course, some refinement will go away, but the dish will remain just as tasty and healthy.
- Although strawberries are rich in useful properties, it is also a strong allergen, therefore it is contraindicated in small children and pregnant women.
- When buying strawberries in a store, give preference to those berries that have a tail, since they retain their taste and useful properties for much longer.