Ingredients for Making Vegetable Lemonade
- Sweet pepper (red or yellow) 1 piece (large)
- Fresh cucumbers 3 pieces
- Lime 1 piece
- Lemons 3 pieces
- Cold carbonated water 1.5 liters
- Sugar to taste
- Fresh mint 1 large bunch
- Main Ingredients Cucumber, Pepper, Lime, Lemon
Jug, plates - 2 pieces, a long spoon or wooden stick, a kitchen knife, cutting board, citrus juice squeezer, small grater.
Preparation of vegetable lemonade:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.
To begin with, all vegetables and fruits, as well as peppermint, need to be thoroughly washed with warm water and dried, shaken off excess moisture. Then cut the sweet pepper and two cucumbers into small pieces, arrange them in different plates (i.e., cucumbers in one and pepper in the other) and cover with a little sugar. Leave it as it is on 1 hour.
Meanwhile, juice will need to be squeezed out of two lemons, avoiding the ingress of seeds and pulp into it, and the remaining cut into thin circles.
Peel the lime from the zest, removing it with a fine grater. Then you also need to squeeze the juice from this citrus.
Cut the remaining cucumber into thin slices.
Arrange a bunch of greens on a cutting board and with a knife, separate the mint leaves from the twigs.
Step 2: Cooking Vegetable Lemonade.
Put the candied vegetables in a jug, pouring the juice formed with them. Add the same lemon juice and lime juice, as well as its zest. Put the mint leaves, fall asleep yet 1 teaspoon sugar, pour chilled sparkling water and mix, slightly pressing on pieces of vegetables and herbs. At the end, you need to add whole circles of cucumber and lemon, they are more for beauty here, and send the jug along with all the contents to the refrigerator 30 minutes.
Step 3: Serve the vegetable lemonade.
Serve the infused vegetable lemonade in the heat like a refreshing drink. Pour it into glasses or glasses and enjoy a great sweet taste. You can also take this drink with you to quench your thirst on the way.
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of fresh mint, you can use twigs of tarragon.
- Also, sugared cucumbers with sweet pepper can be chopped in a blender by adding cold sparkling water and lime juice. In this case, you will not get lemonade, but a refreshing sweet smoothie.
- For beauty and additional cooling, ready-made vegetable lemonade can be decorated with pieces of ice.