Ingredients for Salad Waldorf
- Fresh apple 1 piece (large)
- Celery Stalk 2 pieces
- Walnuts 5 pieces
- Lemon 1 piece (juicy)
- Ground cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Main ingredients: Celery, Apple, Nuts
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Deep plate, kitchen knife, cutting board, tablespoon, citrus juice squeezer, walnut cracker.
Cooking Waldorf Salad:
Step 1: Prepare the apple.
Rinse the apple by wiping it thoroughly with your hands and rinsing with a stream of warm water. Then divide the fruit into several parts and remove the seed core from it, as well as remove the tail. If desired, you can peel, or you can leave it in place. Cut the prepared apple into small cubes or strips.
To prepare this salad, choose juicy sweet and sour varieties of apples, with hard rather than loose pulp.
Step 2: Prepare the celery stalk.
Rinse the celery stalks, cut off the base from them. This ingredient is best cut into thin slices, but if you chopped an apple into strips, then it is better to do the same with celery, just to make the salad look more uniform and appetizing.
Step 3: Prepare the nuts.
Chop walnuts with a nut cracker and, having cleaned them, divide each into four equal parts.
Step 4: Squeeze lemon juice.
Rinse the lemon, cut it into halves and, using a special device, squeeze the juice out of it, preventing the pulp and seeds from the fruit from getting into the liquid. Add a little cayenne pepper to the lemon juice and mix.
Step 5: Mix the salad.
Put slices of apples, celery and walnuts in a deep plate, season with lemon juice mixed with pepper and mix all the ingredients together. That's all! Just like that, we prepared a classic American salad, all that remains is to serve it on the table.
Step 6: serve the salad.
Prepare a serving dish, decorate it with green leaves, and then put the Waldorf salad you cooked in the middle. If desired, sprinkle the finished dish with zest of orange or lemon, but with a very small amount, more for the look. Of course, if you are preparing a salad for your usual everyday lunch, then you don’t need to trick it, just put it in portions and enjoy.
Enjoy your meal!
- At the moment, there are many different options for preparing the Waldorf salad. Red grapes, raisins, and boiled chicken, and cheese are added to it, as well as replacing walnuts with others, so first try the classic version, and then supplement it to your taste if you consider it necessary.
- Instead of lemon juice with pepper, you can season the salad with mayonnaise or sour cream.
- If you like celery, then to prepare this salad you can use not only the stems, but also the root.