Ingredients for Salad Brush
- White cabbage young 1/2 head of cabbage
- Fresh beets 1 piece
- Fresh carrot 1 piece (large)
- Celery stalk 1 piece (medium)
- Lemon juice to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Carrot, Beetroot, Celery
- Serving 2 servings
Large grater, kitchen knife, cutting board, knife for cleaning vegetables, deep plate, salad spoon.
Cooking Brush Salad:
Step 1: prepare the cabbage.
Remove the dried leaves from the cabbage, cut the bitter stalk with a knife. Lay the half of the head down with a cut and divide it into two equal parts across. Chop leaves into thin stripes with a kitchen knife.
Place chopped cabbage in a deep plate, add a little salt and squeeze, remember with your hands to stand out the juice, drain it.
Step 2: prepare the beets.
Rinse beets thoroughly from the ground and various plant dirt. To prepare this salad, we use only fresh vegetables, so immediately after washing, use a special knife and peel the root crop. Also, do not forget to cut the tops to the very base and get rid of small roots.
Grind the peeled and washed beets with a coarse grater or cut into thin strips.
Step 3: prepare the carrots.
Rinse the carrots in the same way as beets, and then peel the skin from it, cutting off the remaining tips and a small spine at the end. Grate the vegetable with a Korean carrot grater or cut it into thin strips, a regular grater is also suitable in case of emergency.
Step 4: prepare the celery stalk.
Rinse the celery stalk, remove 3-4 centimeters from the base and cut into very small cubes or grate on a medium grater.
Step 5: mix the salad.
Pour carrots, beets and celery into a deep plate, where chopped cabbage already lies, while trying not to mix the ingredients, but place them on different sides. Pour the vegetables with lemon juice, add a little more salt and mix, turning into a salad. Try if it is salty enough. If everything is in order, then fill the dish with olive oil, mix again and serve.
Step 6: serve the salad.
Salad "Brush" should be eaten as a dish alone. For beauty, before serving it can be decorated with fresh herbs, including beet tops.
Due to the fact that all the ingredients that make up this dish are rich in fiber, they cleanse your body, helping your digestive system work better. And due to the fact that just a large amount of calories is spent on digesting such a salad, it becomes a real lifesaver for all losing weight. So eat for your pleasure.
Enjoy your meal!
- If you treat celery well, then you can safely use not only its stem, but also the root to prepare this salad.
- Would you like to slightly sweeten the salad and make its taste softer? Then add grated sour-sweet apple on a coarse grater, not forgetting to peel it.
- If you feel that you are not completely fed up with such a salad, you can add a little unsalted boiled chicken fillet to it.
- Despite the full benefits of this salad, eating it all day is not worth it, it is especially not recommended for people suffering from gastritis.