Ingredients for making kefir fruit salad
- Kefir 200-250 grams
- Banana 1 piece
- Mandarin 1-2 pieces
- Apple 1 piece (large)
- Canned to taste
- Main ingredients: Banana, Mandarin, Apple, Cherry, Kefir
- Serving 2 servings
Deep plate, kitchen knife, cutting board, knife for cleaning vegetables and fruits, salad spoon.
Cooking fruit salad with kefir:
Step 1: prepare the apple.
Rinse the apple with warm running water for a start. Then peel the fruit to make the salad more tender. Cut the apple into quarters and remove the seed core from each slice. Cut fully peeled fruit slices into cubes or slices.
Step 2: prepare the banana.
Peel the banana, while in order to get as few microbes as possible from the skin, it is better to do this with a knife. That is, first make one longitudinal cut on the skin from one end of the fruit to the other, and then simply remove it with a knife. Cut the remaining pulp into circles or semicircles.
Step 3: prepare the tangerine.
Peel the tangerine from the rough top peel by simply removing it with your hands. Then disassemble it into segments and carefully remove a thin transparent film with white veins from each. At the end, remove all seeds with the tip of the knife. As a result, only bright orange pulp should remain from the mandarin.
Step 4: prepare the cherry.
Open a jar of cherries, take out the quantity you need and drain the water from them. If desired, you can chop each berry, but I usually leave them whole. And, if your cherry with seeds, then, of course, they need to be removed.
Step 5: mix the fruit salad with kefir.
Put all the prepared fruits and berries in a deep salad bowl, fill them with kefir and mix thoroughly. As a result, you will get a bright multi-colored dish that can decorate any festive table. It is not necessary to insist or cool the finished dish, so immediately after cooking serve fruit salad to the table.
Step 6: serve fruit salad with kefir.
Pour kefir fruit salad into a bowl and garnish each serving with one or a couple of whole cherries. Serve it to the table as a dessert. However, the fruits are quite satisfying in themselves, so the salads prepared from them can also be safely consumed for breakfast or as a light midday snack. And if you season this dish with chilled kefir, then it perfectly refreshes on a hot summer day.
Enjoy your meal!
- Add to the salad those fruits that were at hand, the greater the variety of ingredients, the tastier the finished dish. For example, canned pineapples, sweet grapes and pomegranates are well suited here.
- Do not store fruit salad for long, it is better to cook only as much as you can eat at a time. And especially if you added kiwi to the dish, as over time this fruit is likely to make the salad bitter.
- If the kefir you have chosen for cooking is too acidic, add a teaspoon of honey or sugar to it.
- Still fruit salads go well with all kinds of nuts, so you can sprinkle the finished dish with grated almonds or candied peanuts.