Ingredients for making Korean salad with tongue
- Fresh carrots 2-3 pieces
- Beef tongue 400-500 grams
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Apple Vinegar 4-5 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 3-4 tablespoons
- Mayonnaise 3 tablespoons (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Seasoning for Korean carrots 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients: Tongue, Onion, Carrot
- Serving 4 servings
Saucepan, deep plate - 2 pieces, a tablespoon, a kitchen knife, cutting board, Korean carrot grater, a knife for cleaning vegetables, a stewpan.
Cooking Korean salad with tongue:
Step 1: prepare the language.
Before cooking, thaw the beef tongue at room temperature, leaving it to rest for several hours in the sink. Rinse the thawed meat thoroughly, it is best to even walk on it with a brush. Then put the tongue in a deep pan, pour plenty of water, to taste and desire, add allspice, bay leaf and salt. Put on fire and cook for 2.5-3 hours. The finished tongue is soft, and its tip can be easily pierced with a knife or fork.
After cooking, cool the meat with running cold water and cleanse the skin from it. And only after the beef tongue you need to cut into thin cubes or straws.
Step 2: Cooking Korean Carrots
While the beef tongue is cooked, you will have time to prepare the other ingredients. First carrots.
Peel the root vegetables and rinse with water. Grate the carrots on a special grater to make it thin strips. If you don’t have a Korean carrot grater, then use the usual, but better chop the vegetable into strips.
Put the grated carrots in a deep plate, salt, squeeze and let stand 5-7 minutes. After pour seasoning for Korean carrots into it, mix and pour vegetable oil preheated to a boil. Thoroughly mix everything and leave to insist until the beef tongue is cooked.
Step 3: pickle the onion.
Lastly, prepare the onion, as it takes much less time to cook than on other ingredients.
Peel the onion, cut into rings or half rings, put in a deep plate, pour apple cider vinegar and leave on 30 minutes or a little less. After the ingredient lies in the marinade for the right time, vinegar, along with the juice that has been secreted, needs to be drained, and the onion itself gently squeezed out by hand.
Step 4: mix the salad ingredients.
Drain the juice from Korean carrots and add beef tongue and onions to it. Mix the salad well and taste it, you might want to add salt or even a little more vinegar to it.
If you like and accept mayonnaise, you can add it to a Korean salad with a tongue, but first try the finished dish without dressing.
Step 5: serve Korean salad with tongue.
Serve a Korean salad with tongue immediately after cooking, transferring it to a large salad bowl and decorating with lettuce or fresh herbs. That's all, such a little troublesome, but because of this incredibly tasty and interesting salad you got it.
Enjoy your meal!
- To taste in the Korean salad with the tongue, you can add a little fresh greens.
- If you do not want to bother with carrots, you can take ready-made Korean carrots purchased at the store. In the same way, you can take a ready pickled onion.
- Some housewives suggest adding pickled cucumbers and even green peas to the Korean salad with the tongue, but for my taste it turns out too much, however, there are fans of this, more complicated, option.