Ingredients for Cooking Pickled Carrots with Onions
- Fresh carrot 500 grams
- Onions 100-150 grams
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar 25 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Carrot
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Deep plate, cup, frying pan, spatula, grater, kitchen knife, cutting board, wooden salad spoon, knife for cleaning vegetables.
Cooking pickled carrots with onions:
Step 1: prepare the onion.
Peel the onion, rinse with cool water and cut into rings, but not very thin, 5-8 millimeters is enough.
Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the onion rings in it. Cooking is necessary until the slices of the vegetable become a transparent color. Then catch the onion, draining all excess oil from it.
Step 2: prepare the carrots.
Rinse the carrots thoroughly and peel the peel with a knife. You should also cut off the ends on both sides. Grate the vegetable pulp on a coarse grater or on a Korean carrot grater.
Step 3: mix and infuse the salad.
Combine the fried onions with carrots and mix. In a separate cup, mix vinegar with spices and salt, and then pour it into a bowl of vegetables. Mix everything well and leave to insist on 30 minutes. Then pickled carrots with onions will be ready to serve. And to store such a salad, you need to transfer it to a glass jar and put it in the refrigerator, but usually it does not stay there for a long time.
Step 4: serve pickled carrots with onions.
Serve pickled carrots with onions as a complement to the side dish. It goes well with grilled meat or fish. Well, in the summer you can take this salad with you to nature, because there is no better snack for barbecue or meat cooked on the grill than spicy, slightly spicy vegetables.
Enjoy your meal!
- Carrots, by the way, do not have to be rubbed, lovers of larger slices may well cut it into slices or thick buns.
- It will be very tasty if you sprinkle this salad with sesame seeds before serving.
- If you season pickled carrots with onions, sour cream or mayonnaise right before serving it to the table, then the taste of the salad turns out to be a little more tender.