Ingredients for making Morning Salad
- Beets 1-2 pieces (depending on size)
- Avocado 1 piece
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) 1 / 2-1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Main ingredients: Beetroot, Avocado
- Serving 2 servings
Saucepan, kitchen knife, cutting board, knife for cleaning vegetables, salad bowl, salad spoon.
Cooking Morning Salad:
Step 1: prepare the beets.
For this salad, we need cooked beets. But first, it must be very thoroughly washed with running water, because it is a root crop, and it is natural that it has a lot of dirt, sand and earth. Boil this vegetable during 40-50 minutes, then cool, peel and cut into small cubes. Sometimes I rub the beets rather than cut them, in which case the salad turns out to be more uniform, both in taste and in appearance.
Also, baked beets are perfect for preparing this spring and light salad.
Step 2: prepare the avocado.
Cut and clean the avocado in any way convenient for you. For example, I first cut it along, not reaching the bone, then separate the halves from each other. I easily take out the pulp, cutting it into squares. But, again, avocados can be cut into fairly large pieces, as well as grated.
Chopped pulp in one way or another should be poured with lemon juice and mix. This is necessary so that the fruit does not darken and retains its mouth-watering appearance.
Step 3: mix the salad.
Fold the prepared pieces of beets in a salad bowl, add the flesh of avocado to them, add salt to taste, mix. Only then pour the contents of the plate with vegetable oil, mix again and serve. Attention: Often, salt is not needed in beet salads, so try the dish first before adding spices.
Step 4: serve the morning salad.
Salad "Morning" is fully consistent with its name, because if you boil or bake beets in the evening, it takes no more than 7 minutes to cook it. At the same time, the dish turns out to be hearty and incredibly tasty, so that it can be served separately, or you can supplement it with something hot.
Enjoy your meal!
- This salad is also an excellent basis to create. Try adding fresh herbs, soft cheese, or lightly toasted walnuts to it.
- If you are going to serve salad on a festive table, then keep in mind that it looks very impressive if you put it in a hollow skin that you will have after cleaning the avocado.
- This salad is very useful for digestion, but due to some properties of beets, it is not recommended to use it often, especially for people with diabetes and osteoporosis.