Ingredients for Salad with Pickled Onions
- Onions 1-2 pieces (depending on size)
- Fresh tomatoes 2 pieces (medium)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil (sunflower or olive) to taste
- Marjoram 1 / 3-1 / 2 teaspoon
- Boiled water 1 cup
- Vinegar 9% 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Tomato
- Serving 2 servings
Deep plate, kitchen knife, cutting board, salad bowl, cup, tablespoon, disposable paper towels.
Making salad with pickled onions:
Step 1: Prepare and pickle the onions.
First, pickle the onions, as this is the longest part of the cooking. But first, peel the vegetable and cut into a quarter- or half-rings. Fold in a deep bowl. Meanwhile, in a clean cup, mix vinegar, water, salt and sugar, mix so that all the loose ingredients dissolve in the liquid. Pour the onion with the resulting marinade and leave on 15-30 minutes, depending on how tart and bitter you came across a vegetable.
Step 2: Prepare the tomatoes.
Rinse the tomatoes, wipe them with paper towels to remove excess moisture from them. Cut out the seal that is on the very top of the vegetables. And in the end chop the tomatoes in large slices.
Step 3: Mix the salad.
Fold the prepared tomatoes in a salad bowl, pour all the liquid from the pickled onions and squeeze it lightly after, and then add them to the plate in the plate. Pour salt, black pepper and marjoram into the salad, mix, and then fill with vegetable oil. Leave the dish on the kitchen table on 10-15 minutesso that it is saturated with spices, then serve the finished salad to the table.
Step 4: Serve the pickled onion salad.
Here is such an appetizing and tasty salad you get with pickled onions. Serve it with other vegetable salads or as a side dish for the main hot dish.
Enjoy your meal!
- Some mistresses of marjoram in this salad prefer to replace with dried or fresh basil.
- By the way, you can add tasteless tomatoes to this salad, pickled onions and spices will perfectly complement them, and still it will turn out very appetizing and aromatic.
- If you add a little fresh herbs to the onion during pickling, it will turn out even more interesting, try it somehow.