Ingredients for making green onion salad
- Green onion 1 bunch
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Vegetable oil (olive or sunflower) 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
deep plate, kitchen knife, cutting board, colander, salad spoon
Making green onion salad:
Step 1: prepare the green onions.
Undoubtedly, the best onion is the green onion that you have grown at home or in the garden, but not everyone has this opportunity. When choosing onion feathers in a store, pay attention to their appearance. They should be resilient, juicy, and whitish bulbs themselves should not be loose.
Rinse your green onion, folding it in a colander and dousing with water. Brush off to dry feathers from excess moisture. Then cut thin strips along or ringlets across, as you like.
Step 2: season green onion salad.
Put chopped onion feathers in a deep plate, add salt, black pepper and pour lemon juice, mix thoroughly. Season the salad with vegetable oil, mix again and let it stand for about 5-7 minutesbefore serving the finished dish to the table.
Step 3: serve green onion salad.
Green onion salad is not an independent dish; it is a side dish or a refreshing addition to a side dish. Therefore, always serve it only with something more satisfying, for example, fried or stewed meat, as well as with boiled or baked potatoes.
Enjoy your meal!
- This is a basic salad recipe that you can supplement with other ingredients to your taste, for example, fresh cucumbers, sweet and sour apples or boiled eggs.
- Green onion salad becomes softer if you season it with sour cream rather than vegetable oil.
- If you use sunflower oil to make a salad, it is better to choose something that does not have a pungent odor.