Ingredients for Making Lemon Soup
- White long grain rice 100 grams
- Chicken broth 1500 milliliters
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice 3 tablespoons
- Water 1 tablespoon
- Chicken eggs 3 pieces
- Parsley 1 bunch
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Lemon, Rice
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineGreek Cuisine
Saucepan, lid, mixer, bowl for mixer, ladle, kitchen knife, cutting board, serving plates - 4 pieces.
Cooking Lemon Soup:
Step 1: cook rice.
Pour the chicken stock into the pan and bring to a boil. As soon as the liquid boils, start pouring rice into it, but you need to do this very carefully and carefully, so that the broth does not stop boiling until you add all the cereals to it. After that, the contents of the pan must be thoroughly mixed, covered, leaving a small gap, and reduce the power on the stove. Thus, everything is cooked until rice is soft, approximately 10 minutes.
Step 2: prepare the egg mixture.
While the rice is being cooked, you just have time to bring the egg mixture. To do this, first separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the whites separately until light and thick foam. After you have achieved the desired result, stir in the yolks and use a mixer to turn the eggs into a creamy mass. Gradually introduce lemon juice and water to the eggs, but with caution and in small portions. As a result, you should get a lemon-egg light cream. Add to it about a ladle of hot broth from the pan, pouring it in with a thin stream and not ceasing to stir.
Step 3: prepare the greens.
In between, rinse a bunch of parsley, shake off excess moisture and cut it into small pieces.
Step 4: bring the lemon soup to the ready.
When the rice has cooked, carefully begin to pour the egg mass into the soup. Do this in small portions and stirring all the time so that the eggs do not have time to curl. Then remove from heat, pepper, salt to taste and serve the finished lemon soup to the dinner table.
Step 5: serve lemon soup.
Pour the resulting lemon soup immediately after cooking on serving plates, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve. Often this dish is also decorated with croutons or wheat crackers. To taste, the soup is tender with a slightly sour taste.
Enjoy your meal!
- If you are going to specially prepare the broth for lemon soup, then the pieces of chicken from which you will cook it, you can cut, get rid of the skin, cut into small cubes and serve with the finished dish.
- Also, when serving, you can sprinkle lemon soup with chopped green onions.
- I often see that such lemon soup is served with sour cream, I think this is superfluous, but many people like it with this dressing, maybe you will also like this option of serving the dish.
- Instead of chicken broth, you can use veal or beef.