Brown Rice Salad Ingredients
- Brown rice or a mixture of brown and wild rice 1 cup
- Bulgarian pepper 1 piece
- Red onion 1 piece (small)
- Cherry Tomatoes 150-180 grams
- Cilantro Greens 1 bunch
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Lemon or lime juice 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Onion, Pepper, Tomato, Rice
- Serving 5 servings
Saucepan with lid, wooden spoon, salad bowl, sieve, salad spoon, kitchen knife, cutting board, bowl, fork, glass.
Cooking brown rice salad:
Step 1: Cook brown rice.
The most difficult and long task in all cooking this salad is, of course, cooking rice. First rinse brown rice by folding it in a sieve and substituting it under a stream of cool water. After, so that the cereal is softer, it must be soaked in clean cold water on 45 minutes or 1 hour.
Drain the water from the soaked rice, and pour the groats into a large pan, pour 2.5 cups of waterPut on fire and bring to a boil. Do not forget to salt a little. After the water boils, turn down the power, cover the pan with a lid and cook rice until cooked. Usually leaves 45 minutes, but just in case, check if the croup is cooked through 30 minutes.
Remove the finished brown rice from the heat and still, without opening the lid, let it brew for 5-7 minutes. To prepare this salad, you can use both warm rice and cooled to room temperature.
Step 2: Prepare the bell pepper.
Divide the bell pepper into halves, remove the seed core from the vegetable and cut off the green tail. Put the rest on a cutting board and cut into small cubes.
Step 3: Prepare the cherry tomatoes.
Rinse the cherry tomatoes properly with warm water and cut each into six or four parts.
Step 4: Prepare the cilantro.
Rinse the cilantro, separate the juicy leaves from the thick stems. Throw out the stems, and chop the remaining greens with a knife into very small pieces.
Step 5: Prepare the Red Onion.
Peel the red onion, cut off the tips, and then chop it into small cubes.
Step 6: We are preparing refueling.
In a bowl, mix freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Shake well with a fork all ingredients for dressing.
Step 7: Mix the salad with brown rice.
Transfer still warm rice to a salad bowl, add cherry tomatoes, cilantro greens and chopped red onions to it, pour everything with dressing and mix. That's all! A healthy and tasty salad with brown rice is ready. Start serving immediately or let it brew for several hours in the refrigerator, in any case, the dish is simply delicious.
Step 8: Serve the brown rice salad.
Before serving, lay the finished salad on serving plates and decorate each serving with cilantro leaves. By doing so, you emphasize the pleasant taste of the salad and no one will doubt that this dish is simply delicious.
Enjoy your meal!
- In order to make brown rice a little more appetizing, before cooking, heat a little vegetable oil at the bottom of the pan and fry the cereal in it, and only then add cold water there.
- Often fried champignon mushrooms are also added to such a salad, but, in my opinion, with them the salad becomes much heavier and loses its light refreshing note.
- Lemon juice can be replaced with balsamic vinegar if desired.