Ingredients for Making Sprouted Wheat Salad
- Wheat sprouts 3/4 cup (or to taste)
- Avocado 1 piece (large)
- Fresh cucumber 2-3 pieces
- Bulgarian pepper 1 piece (large)
- Parsley or dill greens 1 bunch
- Salt on the tip of a knife
- Vegetable oil (olive) 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients Cucumber, Pepper, Avocado, Millet and Wheat
- Serving 2 servings
salad bowl, blender, kitchen knife, cutting board, tablespoon, serving dish
Preparation of Sprouted Wheat Salad:
Step 1: prepare the cucumbers.
Rinse fresh cucumbers, then lay them on a cutting board and cut off the ends. Also cut a small piece from each vegetable to check if the skin is bitter. If you feel an unpleasant taste, then it is worth peeling the cucumbers, leaving one pulp. Then cut the prepared ingredients into small cubes.
Step 2: prepare the pepper.
Before washing the pepper, tear out the tail and cut the seed core out of it. And only after wash it with running water inside and out. Chopped bell peppers in this way are cut into small cubes or thin strips.
Step 3: preparing a gas station.
Rinse greens properly with warm water, separate the leaves, cutting off thick stems from them.
Divide the avocado into halves, for this first cut it without bringing the blade to the bone, and then just separate the pieces from each other with your hands. Remove the pulp with a tablespoon.
Place greens, avocado pulp in a blender, pour over lemon juice and olive oil, and add salt there. Turn on the appliance and mix all the ingredients to season with each other until smooth.
Step 4: mix the salad.
In a salad bowl, add the cubes of cucumbers, slices of pepper and sprouted wheat. Fill everything with the dressing prepared with a blender and mix.
Step 5: serve the salad.
Serve the ready-made salad of germinated wheat immediately after cooking, do not store for a long time or insist on it. Eat it for breakfast, or for lunch. By the way, at lunch it can be supplemented with pieces of tofu.
Enjoy your meal!
- To sprout wheat at home, choose only whole, unprocessed grains. Usually, special wheat for germination is sold in stores, it is called that.
- If you get germinated wheat in the store, then note that the length of the sprouts should not be more than 3 millimeters, otherwise their useful qualities are very much reduced.
- Germinated wheat, like any other cereal, should be chewed very carefully so that your body has absorbed the maximum of useful substances from it.