Oven baked pike perch ingredients
- Fresh medium pike perch (free from scales) 2 pieces
- Long grain rice 150 grams
- Fresh champignons 300 grams
- Onion medium size 2 pieces
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Small lemon 1 piece
- Salt to taste
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley 1 small bunch
- Main Ingredients Sudak, Mushrooms, Rice
- Serving 6 servings
Cutting board, kitchen knife, large bowl, oven, kitchen oven mitts, deep baking dish or baking sheet, serving dish, tablespoon, small bowl - 2 pieces, stove, frying pan, wooden spatula, plate, juicer, small pan with a lid , sieve, saucer, toothpicks or cooking thread with a needle, hand whisk, deep bowl, cooking brush, baking paper, kitchen spatula
Cooking stuffed zander baked in the oven:
Step 1: prepare onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and then rinse thoroughly under running water. Next, lay out the component on a cutting board and finely chop into cubes. Pour the chopped onions into a free plate and leave them for a while aside.
Step 2: prepare the champignons.
Rinse the mushrooms thoroughly under running warm water to remove residual soil and other dirt. Next, put the mushrooms on a cutting board and, using a knife, if necessary, clean the hats and legs from rough places. Then finely chop the components into pieces and immediately pour into a small bowl.
Step 3: prepare the lemon.
We wash the lemon under running water and put it on a cutting board. With a knife, cut the citrus in half, and then squeeze the juice from each part using a juicer. It is this fruit liquid that will give the fish a delicate piquant aroma and acidity.
Step 4: prepare the pic.
Pour the rice into a sieve and thoroughly rinse it under running cool water until it becomes transparent. Then pour the cereal into a small saucepan and completely fill it with ordinary liquid from the tap so that it 2-3 fingers component bedspreads.
We put the container on medium heat and do not completely cover it with a lid. When the water begins to boil, we fasten the burner and boil the rice until cooked. It takes me about 10-12 minutes until complete evaporation of the liquid. Immediately after that, turn off the burner, and move the cooked cereal with a tablespoon from the pan into a free small bowl. Let it cool.
Step 5: prepare the parsley.
Wash the parsley well under running water, shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the greens and then pour it into a free saucer.
Step 6: prepare the filling for the dish.
Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the pan and put on medium heat. When the contents warm up well, pour the chopped onion here. From time to time, stirring with a wooden spatula, fry it until transparent. Then pour the finely chopped champignons here. Continuing to stir, fry the ingredients until a golden crust appears on their surface. Now turn off the burner, and pour the contents of the pan into a bowl of boiled rice.
We also add finely chopped parsley, as well as salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed. Everything, the filling is ready!
Step 7: prepare the fish.
Pike perch carcasses are laid out in turn on a cutting board and, using a knife, carefully make an incision on the abdomen, starting with the head and ending with the lower fin. We remove the insides and after thoroughly rinse the fish from all sides under running warm water.
Now we again return the components to a flat surface. With our inventory, we cut the fins and tail, if desired. Attention: I usually leave my head for beauty, and there look, as you like best. Then, on both sides, we make several diagonal cuts and afterwards we move the zander into a large bowl. Be sure to sprinkle the fish with freshly squeezed lemon juice and leave aside for 10-15 minutes. Let it soak in this liquid. By the way, you can still get rid of the expressive smell of fish.
Step 8: prepare the stuffed zander, baked in the oven.
When the carcasses of zander are soaked in lemon juice, we return them to the cutting board. Using a tablespoon, we start the fish with a mixture of mushrooms and rice, and then close the abdomen, covering it with toothpicks or stitching with culinary thread with a needle.
Next, using a knife, break the eggshell, and pour the yolk with protein into a deep bowl. Using a hand whisk, beat the components well until a homogeneous mass is formed.
We cover the deep baking sheet or the baking dish with parchment and after that we spread the stuffed carcasses of zander here. Be sure to lubricate their surface with a beaten egg, using a culinary brush. Now you can turn on the oven.
When it warms up to temperature 200 degrees, put the baking sheet in it on an average level and bake the fish for 30 minutes until a golden crust forms on the surface. After the allotted time, turn off the oven, and take out the container from there with the help of kitchen gloves and set aside. Let the dish cool slightly.
Step 9: serve the stuffed zander, baked in the oven.
We put the prepared stuffed zander with a kitchen spatula on a special large plate, be sure to remove toothpicks or culinary thread from it, then, if desired, decorate the fish with fresh herbs and vegetables and serve at the dinner or festive table. Such a dish can easily be the main one, because as a filling it comes with rice with mushrooms, so the pike perch is quite satisfying.
- If desired, champignons can be replaced with other mushrooms. For example, oyster mushrooms, chanterelles, honey mushrooms or white. It can also be dried mushrooms. In this embodiment, the components must be filled with ordinary warm water and left aside somewhere for 60 minutes. Then pour this liquid into a small pot and cook dried mushrooms in it after boiling. It takes me about 1-1.5 hours. In the end, you need to finely chop the components and only then add to the filling;
- In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can add others to your taste in the dish. For example, it can be ground rosemary, basil, "hops-suneli", as well as special seasonings for fish;
- if you want to make the dish more refined, then replace the usual long-grain rice with a variety such as Arborio or Basmati;
- if you decide to use fresh-frozen zander, then be sure to bring it to room temperature in advance. Just do not speed up this process with a microwave or a stream of hot water, as this can ruin the structure of the meat and the dish just does not work out.