Oven ingredients for cooking grilled vegetables
- Sweet pepper (red and yellow) 6 pieces
- Champignons (fresh, cut into layers up to 1 centimeter thick) 500 grams
- Zucchini (small, young) 5 pieces
- Red onion (sweet) 1 piece (medium)
- Eggplant 1 piece (large)
- Vegetable oil 60 milliliters
- Salt (finely ground) 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Eggplant, Onion, Pepper, Zucchini, Mushrooms
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Oven, non-stick baking sheet, aluminum food foil, metal grill from the oven, kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, deep bowl, teaspoon, measuring cup (for butter), kitchen oven mitts, dining fork, kitchen spatula, portion plate.
Cooking grilled vegetables in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients and inventory.
First, preheat the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius, cover a large non-stick baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum food foil and install on it a special grill for the grill from the oven. Then we spread all the ingredients necessary for the dish on the countertop and begin to prepare them. With the help of a sharp kitchen knife, we remove the onion from the peel, and sweet pepper from the stalk and gut the latter from the seeds. Then we wash these products with zucchini and eggplant under trickles of cold running water, dry with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a chopping board and chop.
I already bought mushrooms in a chopped form, but I had to tinker with the rest of the vegetables a little, but for a creative cook, this process will seem even pleasant. So, their cutting is not important, the main thing is that the size of the pieces does not exceed 1-1.5 centimeters. It is better to remove the dense peel from the eggplant, it is baked very poorly, and then chop the flesh into rings.
We do the same with zucchini, but the skin can not be removed, it is quite thin.
Sweet pepper crumbled with wide slices or, as they are also called, "petals".
Onions are divided into 4-5 slices and disassemble them into separate plates. Then we move the slices into a deep bowl, sprinkle the vegetables with salt and black pepper to taste. After that, thoroughly mix everything with clean hands until a homogeneous consistency, so that the slices are covered with spices from all sides, and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 2: cook the grilled vegetables in the oven.
We move the chopped vegetables to the surface of the lattice mounted on the baking sheet, trying to place them in one even layer, and send it to the oven preheated to the desired temperature on 30 minutes. Periodically check their readiness with a table fork, if its teeth enter the pieces smoothly, without pressure, then everything has been baked!
We carefully monitor the process, mixed vegetables should be a little browned, but not burned. Therefore, when it reaches the desired state, immediately pull the kitchen potholders onto our hands and rearrange the baking tray with tidbits to the cutting board previously laid on the countertop. We give food the opportunity to cool down a bit, and after that you can start tasting!
Step 3: Serve the grilled vegetables in the oven.
Grilled vegetables in the oven are served hot as a full lean or vegetarian dish or as a side dish for dishes of meat, poultry, fish and game. After cooking, they are distributed in portions on plates, seasoned with each mixture of vegetable oil and garlic squeezed through a press, sprinkled with finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or basil and put on the table with bread slices or croutons. Cook with love and enjoy a healthy meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- in addition to these spices, you can use any spices, as well as dried herbs that are suitable for vegetable dishes, for example, dried basil, rosemary, thyme, granulated garlic, onion powder and much more;
- very often, cauliflower, broccoli, young carrot or pumpkin inflorescences are added to the vegetable set;
- for the preparation of this dish, it is better to use olive oil, but if there is none, any other vegetable, but refined, without unnecessary aromas, that is, neutral, will not interrupt the smell of vegetables;
- if there is no grill for the oven, don’t get upset, just cover the baking sheet with foil, put the prepared vegetables there and bake them for as long as indicated in the recipe, unless in this case they will have to be turned over to the other unbaked side, but tastes ready dishes it does not affect.