Ingredients for Cooking Vegetable Lean Soup
- Medium sized potatoes 1-2 pieces
- Fresh medium-sized tomatoes 2 pieces
- Bulgarian pepper medium size 1 piece
- Long grain rice 2.5-3 tablespoons
- 1 medium onion
- Vegetable broth or pure hot water 1.5 liters
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Refined or olive oil 1-2 tablespoons
- Ground paprika 0.5 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Pepper, Tomato, Rice
- Serving 7 servings
A teaspoon, a tablespoon, a medium pan or a cauldron with a thick bottom, a cover for a pan, a stove, deep serving plates, a scoop, a cutting board, a kitchen knife, a plate - 4 pieces, a small bowl, a vegetable cutter, a medium bowl, a sieve, a wooden shoulder blade
Cooking vegetable lean soup:
Step 1: prepare the potatoes.
Using a vegetable cutter, peel the potatoes from their skin. Then thoroughly rinse the tubers under running warm water to remove residual soil and other dirt. Next, put the vegetables on a cutting board and with a knife finely chop into cubes approximately 1 centimeter. Shredded potatoes are transferred to a small bowl and completely filled with ordinary cold water so that the components do not interact with air. Otherwise, they will darken, and we will get an ugly soup.
Step 2: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and then rinse thoroughly under running warm water. We lay out the component on a cutting board and finely chop into cubes. Pour the chopped onion into a free plate.
Step 3: prepare bell peppers.
Bell pepper is well washed under running warm water and spread on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clean the vegetable from the tail, and then from the seeds. Next, cut the component lengthwise into two halves and grind each one into cubes. We put finely chopped pepper in a free plate.
Step 4: prepare the pic.
Pour rice into a sieve and rinse thoroughly under running warm water until it becomes transparent. Then we set aside the container with the component to the side so that excess liquid from the glass.
Step 5: prepare the tomatoes.
Wash the tomatoes well under running warm water and then lay them on a cutting board. Using a knife, we make a shallow cruciform incision on the skin.
Now move the vegetables to a medium bowl and completely fill with hot water. Let it blanch over 5 minutes.
Then carefully drain the liquid, and return the tomatoes to a flat surface. With the help of improvised equipment we remove the peel, and finely chop the vegetables themselves into cubes. Pour the crushed components into a free plate.
Step 6: prepare the parsley.
Wash the parsley well under running warm water, shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the greens and then pour it into a clean plate.
Step 7: prepare the vegetable lean soup.
Pour vegetable or olive oil into a pot or cauldron with a thick bottom and put on medium heat. When the contents of the container are well warmed up, put the chopped onion here. Constantly stirring with a wooden spatula, fry it for 2-3 minutes.
Next, add finely chopped parsley and tomatoes to the container. We continue to fry vegetables for about 2 minutes.
Now pour the chopped bell pepper here and, having thoroughly mixed everything, fry the components another 1 minute.
Then we pour hot clean water or vegetable broth into the pan and wait for the contents of the container to boil. Immediately after this, pour the washed rice and cubes of potatoes here. Using a tablespoon, mix everything well, fasten the burner, cover the container with a lid and cook the soup for 13-15 minutes. After this time, pour ground paprika here, as well as salt and ground black pepper to taste. Once again, mix everything thoroughly with improvised equipment, turn off the burner, and let the soup brew another 10-15 minutes under the cover.
Step 8: serve lean vegetable soup.
When the soup is infused, once again mix it with a scoop and pour it into deep plates. Serve the dish to the dining table with slices of bread. If desired, the soup can be sprinkled with finely chopped fresh herbs of parsley or dill, as you like. Help yourself!
Bon appetit to all!
- In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can add some more to your taste. For example, bay leaves, allspice peas, a mixture of dried bell peppers and more;
- if you don’t have a pan with a thick bottom on hand, do not be discouraged, because all the vegetables can be fried in an ordinary pan, and then pour everything into a special container for cooking soup;
- instead of rice, you can add wheat, buckwheat, corn grits, as well as the usual arnautka to the soup;
- in the winter, when there is a small selection of vegetables on the grocery market, frozen mixtures can be used. Typically, such ingredients are sold in supermarkets in the freezing department.