Ingredients for Making Lean Puree Soup
- Cauliflower 500 grams
- Potato 2-3 pieces (medium)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Purified water 2 liters
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Seasoning "Vegetable mix for soups" (dry) to taste (composition: carrots, onions, parsley, celery, cabbage, Savoy cabbage, leek, parsnip, paprika, tomatoes, sugar, garlic extract, salt)
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Potato, Onion, Garlic
- Portion 6-7
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Deep bowl, kitchen knife, cutting board, deep pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters), paper kitchen towels, slotted spoon, wooden kitchen spatula, stove, ladle, deep portion plate.
Cooking lean soup puree:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To begin with, carefully wash the cauliflower and disassemble it into inflorescences. Put them in a deep bowl with saline based on 1 liter of liquid - a teaspoon of salt. We stand the cabbage in this form for 10-15 minutes, during this time different animals, for example, small bugs, worms, will come out from the pores of this vegetable. Then we wash the inflorescences again, move to a clean dish and move on.
Using a sharp kitchen knife, peel potatoes, onions and garlic. We rinse them, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns sending them to a chopping board and chop them into cubes, the first vegetable is 2 to 3 centimeters in size, the second is 1 centimeter in size, and the third is very tiny pieces up to 3-4 millimeters. After that, put the remaining ingredients on the countertop, which you will need to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the lean soup.
We put on a medium fire a deep pan with a non-stick thick bottom and pour in it a tablespoon of vegetable, preferably refined oil.
After a few minutes, dip the chopped onions with garlic into the preheated fat and sauté them until soft, as well as a light coating of golden crust, periodically loosening with a wooden or silicone kitchen spatula. As soon as they are lightly browned, add potatoes with cauliflower to the pan and fry the vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
Then fill them with purified water and bring it to a boil. When the liquid starts bubbling, season it to taste with salt, a mixture of spices for soups, as well as two types of ground pepper: white and black. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer its contents for 25-30 minutes over moderate heat until vegetables are fully cooked, periodically removing white foam with a slotted spoon.
When they reach the desired state, that is, they become soft, boiled, we transfer the aromatic mixture along with the unboiled liquid into the bowl of the stationary blender.
We grind everything at high speed into a homogeneous, smooth, one might say, quite liquid velvet puree.
In turn, pour it back into the pan, put on a small fire, season with ground nutmeg, add more spices if desired and bring to a boil again, remembering to stir constantly so that the soup does not burn. After that, turn off the stove, cover the pan with a lid and let the first hot dish brew at least 7-10 minutesAfter which you can transgress to the tasting!
Step 3: serve the lean soup.
Lean soup puree after cooking does not insist for long, then using a ladle, pour in portions on plates, season each with fresh finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or green onion and serve as a full second course for dinner. As a complement to such an easy meal, you can offer vegetable salad, marinades, pickles and, of course, bread, toasts, croutons or crackers. Cook with love, and let the Post be a joy to you!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often, water is replaced with a vegetable decoction;
- at will, along with onions, you can passer carrots chopped on medium or large grater;
- sometimes a little frozen or fresh inflorescences of broccoli, slices of zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin, cubes of sweet salad pepper or slices of fresh tomato are added to a set of vegetables. You can use everything at once, of course, such a soup will have a more saturated vegetable taste, with not so prominent notes of potato and white cabbage, but it will also be pleasant to relish it;
- some housewives, while reheating the soup, put in it a little fresh chopped herbs, dill, parsley, cilantro or basil, although a dried version of these plants is also suitable.