Lean soup ingredients
- White cabbage (fresh) 500 grams
- Potato 4 pieces (medium)
- Onions 1 piece (medium)
- Carrot 1 piece (medium)
- Sweet salad pepper 1 piece (large)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Dill or parsley 1 bunch (small) or to taste
- Purified water 2.5-3 liters for soup and 1 liter for blanching
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Laurel leaf 2 pieces or to taste
- Refined vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Potato, Onion, Carrot, Garlic, Greens
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup, kitchen scale, tablespoon, stove, kettle, kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, deep bowl - 3 pieces, a frying pan, a wooden or silicone kitchen spatula, a deep pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters), slotted spoon, ladle , deep portioned plate.
Lean soup preparation:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To begin with, put on a medium fire a kettle with a liter and a deep pan with 2.5-3 liters of purified water, let them heat up. At this time, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel potatoes, onions, carrots and garlic. We remove cabbage from the upper, always damaged leaves, lettuce from the stem and gutted it from the seeds. After that, we wash these vegetables together with tomatoes, as well as fresh herbs, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a cutting board and continue the preparation. We cut the potatoes into cubes from 1.5 to 2 centimeters in size, drop them into a bowl of cold running water and leave them in them until use, so as not to darken.
We shred the cabbage with straws 5-6 millimeters thick.
Grind carrots on medium or large grater. Onions - in cubes, half rings or quarters with a size of 1 centimeter.
Sweet pepper lettuce in the same way as the previous product, or straws.
Finely chop the garlic and fresh dill or parsley.
Then we make a cross-shaped incision on each tomato, put them in a deep bowl, pour boiling water from the kettle and leave it in for 40-60 seconds. After that, we immediately place the tomatoes in a bowl of ice-cold water, cool, dry, peel and chop them in any convenient way, for example, cut them into small cubes or grind them to a puree condition in a stationary blender. Next, put on the countertop the rest of the products that you will need to make the soup, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare lean soup - stage one.
While we were doing the slices, the water in the pan began to boil, we drop the chopped potatoes and cabbage into it. Once the liquid starts bubbling again, season the vegetables with a leaf of laurel and cook for 20 minutesstirring occasionally with a slotted spoon.
Step 3: prepare vegetable dressing for lean soup.
At this time, turn on the next burner on a medium heat and put on it a pan with two tablespoons of refined vegetable oil. After a few minutes, dip the chopped onions with carrots into the preheated fat and pass them until soft, as well as a light golden crust for about 4-5 minutes, stirring vigorously with a wooden or silicone kitchen spatula.
Then add sweet salad pepper to these vegetables and cook everything together 5 minutes. After that, we send into the pan either slices of tomatoes or mashed potatoes and simmer the dressing over moderate heat 10 minutes, periodically loosening, so as not to burn.
Step 4: prepare lean cabbage soup - stage two.
So we came to the almost final stage of cooking the soup, put the vegetable dressing in a pan with boiled potatoes and cabbage. We season the dish with garlic, half chopped herbs, salt, black pepper, bay leaf and mix everything carefully. Bring the liquid back to a boil and reduce the heat to a level between the smallest and the middle. We cover the fragrant dish with a lid so that a small gap remains, and cook it still 7-10 minutes. Then turn off the stove and insist cabbage about 10 minutes, after which you can start tasting!
Step 5: serve the lean cabbage soup.
After cooking, lean soup for a short time is insisted under a covered lid, then, using a ladle, pour the soup in portions into deep plates, shake each with another two or three pinches of fresh herbs, season with lean mayonnaise and put on the table with bread, crackers or toast. A vegetable salad, pickles and pickles can refresh such a simple lunch. Cook with love, and Fasting will be a joy!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often cabbage soup is cooked with millet or rice, before using the selected cereal, it is sorted, washed and put in boiled water along with potatoes and cabbage;
- sometimes instead of fresh tomatoes, they use sweet tomato paste or sauce;
- if desired, along with onions and carrots, you can fry fresh finely chopped edible mushrooms of any kind, they will give the soup a more piquant aroma and rich flavor;
- the simplest spices are indicated in the recipe, but their set can be varied based on your own taste preferences, complementing it with any spices, as well as dried herbs, which are ideal for the first hot dishes of vegetables.